EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

Stacey wanted Mickey for a while, who was with Kareena. While Kareena was hooked on cocaine (a horrible story), she saw Stacey trying to seduce Mickey and things went off from there. Mickey dumped Kareena at one point for her cocaine habit supplied by Juley Smith.

I haven't seen it yet, hope it's good.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Roxy hasn't had any real story in quite a few months. She mostly gives people loans. Ronnie is pregnant, five or six months. She tried to get Sam Mitchell to lie about her baby's paternity and pass the child off as Ricky's. When that fell through, she paid Sam to leave town. So Jack is still getting over losing his son (Richard).

Billy is upset because he got a letter about abuse in the children's home he was in. He was also abused. Supposedly the big reason he's upset is that

Billy had a one night stand with Jean Slater to get over his anxieties, but was overheard by Jean and Stacey when he was doing the macho thing and trashing Jean. Jay called him a coward, and Billy hit him.

I was shocked that they had Whitney on top of Peter. I liked her better with Todd, but Whitney and Peter could be an interesting couple. I'm a bit surprised to see Eastenders moving in this area mostly because under Santer they were much more stringent about teens and sexuality -- the only one who had sex was Lucy, and she was punished with pregnancy.

I love Kim too. She's brilliant comic relief. They know how to use her just right.

I'm enjoying the show at the moment, I find something good to great in every episode. The show at the moment feels more like old style US soaps than any other UK soap. A year ago I never would have said that!

There aren't any other big stories going on at the moment, aside from the story with Stacey, where Janine is on a vendetta against Stacey since she found out about Ryan being baby Lily's father. Did you see any of their confrontations? Good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttsYAZ05JlY

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I'm glad that I didn't see most of that. I can't see Stacey ever wanting Mickey Miller, of all people. I don't know why they would have given Kareena a cocaine addiction. Was that Berridge?

Juley Smith -- awful character. And bad miscasting. Wasn't he supposed to be charismatic?

• Members

This is a Questionaire i found on EE

Answer it if you want.

QUESTIONNAIRE

EASTENDERS

1. Do you think ‘Eastenders’ has changed since it first started in 1985? Please explain your answer.

A) Yes B) No

2. Why do you watch Eastenders? (please explain in a few sentences)

3. Who’s your favourite character?

4. Why?

5. Who is your least favourite character?

6. Why?

7. Who is your most missed character?

A) Sonia B) Kat C) Alfie D) Dennis E) Dirty Den

F) Other

8. Why?

9. Which character do you relate to the most?

10. Why?

11. Are any of the characters a style icon to you?

A) Yes B) No

12. What’s been your favourite storyline where Eastenders

has tackled a real life issue?

A) Zoe finds out Kat is her mum

B) Trevor abusing Little Mo

C) Psycho doctor May D) Jay knifed by gang

E) Stella child abuse Ben F) Other

13. Why?

14. What’s been your worst storyline?

15. Why?

16. How would you say issues in the show portray reality?

A)Very realistic

B) Reflects some aspects of reality

C) Does not represent reality at all

17. Did you see the storyline that saw 13-year-old Jay Brown, knifed by another teenager from a gang. If no then please go on to Q19

18. This episode got a lot of complaints from angry viewers. Do you think it’s because Eastenders does try to reflect reality? (please explain in a few sentences)

19. Have any of the show’s storylines helped you to deal with a real life situation?

(please explain in a few sentences)

20. What other soaps do you watch?

A) Emmerdale B) Coronation street C) Home and Away

D) Neighbours E) I don’t watch

21. In your opinion how close do they represent reality, please explain in a few sentences

Thank you very much for your time

• Members

I think that would be a huge mistake. For one, it's good Morgan should never be killed off because he brings some much needed diversity into a main family of the show. And Tiffany actually likes Janine, which is a rare quality in and if itself. I actually find it a huge disservice that they are killing Billy off, because of the diversity issue. Only whites can have babies with whites, etc ... Being that EastEnders is supposed to be about different races/sex's/and the like, they've never seemed to have integrated any of them together long term.

Edited by Amello

• Members

Today's episode:

It was so raw, and we got to see so many different dimensions of Carol today.

It was almost painful to watch Carol trying to remain strong and hold her tears back. That scene where she rushed into the kitchen to vomit was really realistic, and then towards the end where she hovered over Billie's dead body and said, "Not my little one! Not my little one!" was really sad and crushing.

There were some daring moves taken in this episode, like that 2-3 minutes of silence where Billie's body was being taken away. That was just perfect, they didn't need the dialogue to do any talking, the situation was too real in itself. The episode was in real-time too, which made it more powerful and realistic.

The attention to detail was also very strong in this episode, like Carol fixing Billie's socks at the end.

The real-time helped emphasize Carol's roller-coaster of emotions too. We got to see her laughing with Alfie and Patrick in the beginning, and then see her in shock, and then absolutely devastated by the end of the episode.

Lindsey Coulson was incredible. She doesn't even need to speak, and I know there is better to come yet from her.

• Members

It's actually more difficult to find black couples on the show than white/black couples. The only ones I can remember long-term are Denise/Lucas, and then some of the Tavernier siblings had relationships with other black characters. They've also had several mixed-race children on the show, like Billie, and Libby. Sue and Ali also had mixed-race children.

I see your point and in some ways I think Billie could have stayed, especially since I hoped Alan might get to come back for a longer stay if Billie were alive, but they screwed up as soon as they brought Devon Anderson back.

Edited by CarlD2