EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today's episode:

I'm not surprised everyone was watching Stacey beating the hell out of Janine and doing nothing about it. Almost the entire square has reason to hate Janine, and she knew no one but Pat would come over to stop things, so she had ample chance to set Stacey up convincingly.

What surprised me most about the fight was when Stacey punched Janine and said, "And this is for Danielle!" It's about time someone other than Ronnie remembered her and how Janine had no remorse for hitting and killing her with the car and went around gloating about it months after it happened.

But really, after she pushed over the tram and didn't care if Lily was in it on Tuesday, Janine did deserve to get her ass kicked a little bit...

So glad Zsa Zsa and Leon are gone. Emer Kenny was just horrific in that scene where she kicked Leon out of Fatboy's truck. The last scene between her and Shirly was nice though, as was Leon's goodbyes to Fatboy and Mercy. I won't be sad to see these trolls gone though.

The Kat and Shirley meeting scene was great, and I can see where they would get along. I've been saying for months that the way they've dressed Shirley sometimes is very Kat Slater-esque.

It was also nice to see Kat's softer side today, and the genuine love she has for Alfie. Though, it did seem to come overnight, as she wasn't pissed at him today.

Kat and Phil have always seemed to have a very passive dislike for one another. You can tell they don't think much of one another, but unlike themselves, they don't really bother to express it outwardly. It's funny how Alfie tried to hide leasing the Vic from Phil and not actually buying it, and I'm glad Kat wasn't angry with him over it by the end.

Poor Max is dominated by all the women in his life, like today with his daughters.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I will never get the hype over Zsa Zsa. To the end I thought she was a cold, dull character with lockjaw. She was lucky to fit the type that is popular with a lot of online viewers.

I haven't seen Thursday's episode yet but I did finish Tuesday's. Loved the rawness and the ugliness of the scene with Janine going off on Stacey and Jean. I also liked her conversation with Pat later where Pat ignored her baiting and gave her good advice. I'm so glad Pat is still active in major stories and is not following Bianca's dull kids around.

Neil McDermott was very good in that scene where Ryan tried to tell Stacey he didn't want to have anything to do with Lily. You notice they deliberately showed scenes (pre-taped I guess) of Lily being happy as Ryan yelled and was hostile, just to stop complaints, I guess.

Did Jessie call Janine by "Charlie" (her real name in Tuesday's episode?

I am not invested in the new Lauren yet (although I also wasn't with the old one) but I did love that in Tuesday's episode she was wearing a Linda Lee Danvers Supergirl T-shirt. I sure miss her...

• Members

Janine fan boi here. I do hope she doesn't actually end up going through with going to the police. Wasn't there a spoiler about Janine/Ryan going on the run with Lily? I hope Janine takes the time to pay Stacey back with a nice swift fist that would knock that bitch out cold. Hell, give Kat a backhand for good measure.

That was the most magnificent ending for Leon. :)

• Members

I'm surprised they've done one of these "a day in the life" videos with the new Lauren:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3lHBttJl_c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3lHBttJl_c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3lHBttJl_c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

Today's episode:

I really enjoyed it. It seems like the show is over the Max/Tanya merry-go-round and is progressing them into different orbits and their only real ties to one another are through their children.

I think it was a good writing move to have Tanya to be the one to bring Max and Vanessa back together. That scene where Vanessa told Max that what he sees right in front of him is all that's pretty much left of her and and he sarcastically tells her he's seen worse and then picks up her up and they kiss was very sweet.

Greg is way too hot for Tanya, and I like him so far. He seems like just a regular bloke. I had to laugh at Max and Greg thinking each other was gay when they were with Alfie in the Vic's storage room. :lol:

I liked Lauren and Tanya's scenes.

Is it me or does it seem like Phil is back to his early/mid 90's incarnation? That was his best incarnation IMO.

It's nice that they had Kat and Bianca bonding towards the end of the episode, and I could see where after a rough start they'd eventually get along.

Kat looked like she wanted to faint when Alfie introduced Michael. I'm guessing he's the one that knocked her up? While I'm not always a big fan of those stories, I'm interested in seeing where this one goes. We don't know too much about Michael and the actor looks very convincing, so I'm interested in knowing what his relationship with Kat is all about.

That tacky car Kat and Alfie rode off with in Christmas 2005 is back! :lol:

Oh, and the kid playing Oscar Branning is just adorable.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Have they specified how long he'll be on? I heard they were using him on recurring basis for now, and weren't sure how long he'd be on or if his stay will be extended. There's still the possibility his stay will be extended, I guess it depends if the character takes off or not.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

After today's episode, it seems like Max and Tanya are over and they've accepted each other as only parents to their kids. I think they're off that merry-go-round for now, at least.

Max looked as if he couldn't care less about Tanya, and was preoccupied with thinking about Vanessa for most of the episode.

At first I thought Vanessa and Max just used one another as f.uck buddies, but I think there's been a lot of depth poured into them recently. I think Vanessa sees and accepts Max for what he is, which Tanya can't do, and she doesn't want to change him, she just wants him to face who he is.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner