EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Today's episode:

I think they played the aftermath of Peggy leaving quite nice. The Mitchell's are dysfunctional, but they really seemed like a genuine family today. I enjoyed their little fights in the beginning of the episode that Ronnie had to come in and stop.

Nice that they got Pat's reaction to Peggy leaving too, and then those nice scenes between Dot and Pat where Dot tells Pat that she and Jim wouldn't mind keeping her company. Dot and Pat are both so lonely, that was a nice scene to see. And Peggy giving Pat her bell...

The scenes with Shirley and Phil were very well-acted. Poor Shirley has it bad for Phil, and she just keeps going back to him. I'm interested in seeing what direction they'll go in this time around.

Nice to see more Charlie and Big Mo. They seem to be driving a point with Stacey being off her meds. I wonder if she'll stay off them for longer.

Shirley: May the best sperm win! :lol:

Sam doesn't even love or know what to do with that kid.

The day to day episodes and conversations between characters has gotten a lot stronger on the show.

• Members

Yeah I liked the aftermath of Peggy's departure. Just the mild surprise of several people and then the hurt that Pat felt. That scene with Dot was sad to watch, as she clearly had little interest in sitting around with Dot and Jim. The last scene with the bell was nice. It's nice to see these little moments which could easily be forgotten.

The Mitchells haven't been much of a family in years and years, but they did seem more believable in today's episode. Generally I'd say split them into their own directions.

Shirley's codependency with Phil can be tough to watch sometimes, in spite of the strong acting. I guess they could now try to finally make them a proper couple, but that's not going to be easy after the last few years.

Odd how Jay went from saying they shouldn't lock Phil up to openly taunting Phil. That scene where Phil had him by the throat was very intense.

Bianca's comments about Sam and her "baps" were funny. It makes sense that Bianca is the one to get everyone in the story moving. Daniella is doing a good job of playing a woman who does not know how and might not even want to be a mother to her child. She keeps Sam from being too unsympathetic. Sam is just so weak.

• Members

While I don't understand Jack knocking up another one of Ronnie's relatives, I though the episode had some good moments.

It's nice to see so much of Billy again, especially finally realizing that Phil is no better than him. The scenes between Billy and Phil were very good.

That was a nice little scene between Glenda and Ronnie.

What's up with Charlie forcing Stacey to take her meds? I think he may be off somehow. and this could set up his exit. Still nice to see more of Charlie again, I liked his scene with Dot where he found out Bradley didn't father Lily.

The paternity stuff played out better than I would have thought. Rack fans needs to get a life, Ronnie and Jack never had a stable relationship to begin with. She should have never gone back to him when he fathered Amy with Roxy. I can totally see Ronnie doing a vile thing like having Sam lie that the father was Ricky. Its not like it's going to end Rack anyway, they're still getting married according to the spoilers, and Sam and the baby are gone next week. Still, I would have preferred Ricky being the father, but whatever.

Patsy Palmer's real life pregnancy is showing. I hear she's due in December, so I guess we don;t have that much longer with her before she goes on maternity leave.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I felt so bad for Billy after Shirley hailed her little venom. This man is always getting shat on for no reason. Poor guy. Speaking of Shirley, I hater her so much, SO MUCH, except when she tells Heather too stop being a loser. Other than that, Shirley is a pathetic loser, loser, LOSER!

Speaking of loser's, hello Sam Mitchell. However, for some reason, I really love her. She somehow seamlessly manages to evoke this sympathy that I easily fall for.

And now Bianca ... has she always worn such hideous clothing? :lol:

• Members

Bianca's clothing wasn't as bad the first time around. They do it this time to show how low class she is I guess.

I don't understand why some say that Santer wouldn't have done this story or that Kirkwood doing this is proof he's made Eatenders into Hollyoaks. I don't really remember Kirkwood doing this type of story on Hollyoaks.

• Members

I'm still wondering if we will find out that the child isn't Jack's. The whole thing seems odd.

I'm glad Carol and Bianca can have normal, supportive conversations now.

Sam is so much fun this time around. I just love her unapologetic selfishness, yet she isn't entirely nasty. The scene where she sent Heather into a tizzy was fascinating.

• Members

I finally watched Barbara Windsor's last episodes and I was really impressed with them. She did a wonderful job (albiet rather hammy when the Vic was ablaze) with work that was nuanced, sad and effective. The writing definitely did Peggy justice.

I wonder where EE is headed now. It has to be a whole new era.

• Members

Interview with Jessie Wallace, where she talks about returning as Kat, and playing Pat Phoenix in BBC4's Road to Coronation Street.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertainment/tv/todays-tv/2010/09/16/phoenix-from-the-ashes-115875-22564452/

Soaps really don't make female characters as interesting as Elsie and Kat anymore. I love my tarts with hearts, but it seems like they either go in two extremes in recent years when they attempt that template. The female characters are either outright sluts and whores, or they get too depressed and miserable and have no fun at all.

• Members

Today's episode:

I'm glad that Ronnie and Jack talked things out sensibly about what's happened, and didn't get into a drawn out screaming match and break up yet again.

The scenes with Ronnie and Sam were good too.

LOL! at Kim starting her own home pub. I think she works well as one of those eccentric supporting characters. Her boobs are huge and the show loves displaying them.

Sam is really pathetic trying pawn that kid off on others. At least the show isn't sugarcoating how much she genuinely hates being a mother, and people like this really do exist out there. She was really stupid with "green poo" stuff. :lol:

Charlie is all about his "girls" again just as Kat as coming back? Coincidence?

Ohh, a Jim appearance...

Apparently, this is the guy playing nuLauren's older American boyfriend, and he's a REAL American, so not another Vicki Fowler!

http://www.braidman.com/communities/7/004/006/882/837/images/4534461572.jpg