Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

So they really had Phelan kill of Luke tonight? Seriously? F*ck this sh*t. Why is Kate Oates killing off all her young adult characters when this show needs to be building up the next generation? Kylie, Andy, now Luke... Just stupid and pointless. 

And poor Steph. Not only was she written off stupidly, but if she were to return, she'd have no family as Luke is dead and so is Andy. 

I like Kate Oates but she's starting to become a mess. Relying too heavily on sensationalism when it won't pay off in the long run.

• Members

They better not kill off Steph. Let the character stay offscreen and be happy (as I'd like to think). 

I didn't know that the actor wanted to go but still. It was so unnecessary to kill him off! He could've easily been written off to go and join Steph offscreen. 

Kate Oates loves shock value but kills off the wrong characters. If she wanted to entice me, killing off Sean or Fiz would be a great start to getting my attention.

• Members

Well, it’s generally thought that he buried their bodies at Mill Lane and we did see Andy’s sneaker bobbing up on the surface of the water but...I don’t know. I don’t 100% rule them out pulling out a twist like having him still be alive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I thought it was good, the montage at the end with Anna finally looking directly at “us” before the slat being shut was excellent. Bye, Debbie. I’m guessing she’ll end up getting stabbed to death in prison after opening her big gob too many times? I wonder how it would time out with Phelan’s “comeuppance.”