June 30 - July 4, 2008

Toups

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And why are they in trouble? Because they didnt listen to what fans wanted long time ago. As Scott Bryce said in his interview yesterday....They should be concentrating on keeping the audience they do have. Making those fans happy. And forget about getting new viewers...because it isnt going to happen.

• Members

ATWT should get rid of Luke and Noah. It's turning off many viewers. Americans are still very homophobic and not willing to watch a gay romance in daytime.

Also, there have been too much screentime for old veterans, Kim and Bob with the lawsuit storyline, Tom and Margo with the Casey romancing Emily storyline, and Barbara with the Sophie storyline. The summer is to showcase fresh young faces, not old ones.

• Members

I'm interested to see what the numbers were for ATWT gay day festival. Luke and Noah brought in viewers but those viewers are long gone.

As for showing too much vets...I disagree. It's either you have the Vets on or newbies like Liberty etc......Id rather see the Vets. Though during the summer we would see teen stories....a pool or two...etc....we havent gotten any of that this year.

Luke and Noah are only on one day of week like they were before. I dont think they are major factor as to the ratings drop or increase.

I still find funny how NBC didnt count the whole week of Days. :lol:

• Members

DOOL aired at strange times here last week because there were some strange little Wimbledon updates. I doubt it made the difference in the ratings though, but it might be the reason why the show had a special ratings category.

Daytime soaps are toast.

• Members

IMO the problem with ATWT is that none of the stories make sense. Look at Carly/Holden. WTF!?

Viewers don't want to see stories that feel like the writers just made up because they have no creativity.

• Members

When you compare year to year ratings and see that every soap is down at least .4, that really tells that soap viewers are tuning out by the hundreds of thousands. The network execs, producers and writers have no one to blame but themselves for trying to fix tings that weren't broken, IMO.

• Members

Those daily numbers for ATWT are horrible. The lowest day wasnt even on the fourth. It was Wednesday...a 1.6 for Sofie's murder and Tom and Margo celebrating their anniversary. The highest shows were Monday and Thursday....which btw was Oakdale gay pride day with Cyndi Lauper.

And man look at B&B's awful numbers for Wed and Thurs....2.2's??? :o The show has been boring. But they picked up on the fourth which wasnt counted.

Archived