June 30 - July 4, 2008

Toups

• Members

Oh I love Law & Order - it is so easy for me to get caught up in it.

I love the stories but as a soap opera historian I also enjoy watching to see how many old soap stars or even future soap stars I can find. They are good at hiring them.

Many of the current soap stars had their first roles on there. I jsut saw one the other day where Jeff Branson who just left AMC was on when he was pretty young.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is one of the problems with the ratings. I DVR all my soaps, but there are many times that I don't get to watch them until the weekend. Most nights when I get home I am watching the Cubs game and don't always get to the soaps I taped. They only count DVR's if you watch the same day you record and that is only if you have a Nielsen box. I am sure they can track who is recording what and should be using that to track ratings as well.

Although I will say Days better have some really good cliffhangers to get people to tune back in after the Olympics. I remember last time they did a big promo at the end of the first week back storylines instead of their regular next episode promo. But then if people don't like sports that is on during the day, they might turn to another soap.

Archived