June 30 - July 4, 2008

Toups

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know people blame the holidays but holidays used to be good for soaps. It used to be when people were home esp. when women first started really going out into the work force more. They loved getting to watch their soaps on the holiday.

The holiday shows esp. used to be classics but not anymore.

I really fear for Y&R who has always been helped by the Price Is Right lead in. They are fixing to [!@#$%^&*] up PIR really bad with these changes and I think the ratings will fall for that and thus fall even more for Y&R.

• Members

The really sad part is if you listened to Scott's interview yesterday, it's easy to understand why the show is such a mess. Sadly Scott gets exactly what the viewers want to see and yet he was shown the door.

Why can't anybody at PGP see CG and JP need to go yesterday!

• Members

I did listen to Scott Bryce's interview yesterday. Scott does know what fans want. It's character driven/emotional stories not plot ones which Goutman wants to give us. He said it was a bad 10 months working for Goutman. His relationship with him was not good. Goutman wanted Bryce to portray Craig like Hunt Block did. The end game for Goutman has always been Meg and Paul. And now look where it has gotten ATWT. At the bottom of the ratings. Even GL went up and could overtake ATWT next week. Goutman does not get it. He doesnt know what the fans want. He needs his pink slip.

Bryce was also shocked by Martha Bryne's firing.

• Members

I wonder if ATWT was hurt by the whole Gay Pride episode? Anyway, most daytime shows were hurt last week by tennis. Here are the ratings of other shows that air at various times during the day (ratings on for Top 5 Talk -- so nothing on shows like Martha, etc.):

From TVNewsday:

Judge Judy: 4.5

Oprah 4.0

Dr. Phil 3.5

Millionaire 2.6 (fourth straight record low)

Live 2.4 (lowest since 1991 electronic recording)

Joe Brown 2.4

People's Ct. 2.4

Mathis 1.8

maury 1.8

Divorce Ct 1.6

Ellen 1.6

Family Feud 1.6

Crosswords 0.7

Archived