June 23-27, 2008

Toups

• Members

Hey you and I are singing in the same choir. I think Ron C. is overrated and overhyped. The show did drop into the tank before the strike. He's an OK writer, but he not the "soap god" that he is touted as being. It's like singing his praises has become a fashion statement. So yep, yep on that one.

I also agree on AMC and that really makes me angry. I don't watch OLTL any more (I was part of the 2.2 and then quit :lol: :lol: ) , but I was really enjoying AMC when Jesse/Angie came back. Now it's back to the same ol same ol. That makes me made. The show is a hot mess.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was actually thinking that ATWT was gonna go down because this show makes no sense. Holden/Carly = GAG! I am really not liking Noah.............

GL will keep on loosing its viewers and its sad because its the longest running soap. :(

ABC going down...Not a surprise. But I really wanted AMC/OLTL to go up or stay the same. ABC has been in the 3, 4, 5 spots......UGH.......

Y&R going up. Thats a surprise. It does not deserve that bump. This show makes no sense..............

• Members

Yup, "soap god" is a good phrase for it. I got some heat(from some hunky people :P ) that I dont watch the show so I can't comment on it. Ummm...I have SoapNet to watch it. :D While there are some good things. There are still bad stuff. I still dont get all the Gigi love. I think she is one of the worst characters on OLTL. The actress hasnt improved at all from her times at Days. She still delivers her lines the same way she did at Days. Just one example of what i dont like about the show.

And why is Erica still in jail?? Does anyone care for this story? Do we care she in jail? They need to spring Erica out and give her a storyline. CM needs to exist AMC. The show can survive without him.

• Members

I understand where you are coming from. I know that AMC is not the best but as my home soap I want it to do well in the ratings.

The last time AMC actually was good and made sense was the last two weeks of May. During the Angie/Jesse wedding. Thats the AMC I fell in love with.

• Members

Yup, all the soaps blow now including OLTL. It's just OLTL blows less than ATWT and Co. I still stand by previous quotes. The man got way to much hype way to early. The show is better...good...great...excellent.....but it sure isnt reflecting in the ratings. And thats a fact!

• Members

I am not even talking about true indications or whatever.....I am saying the ratings arent up after all the hype...I didnt say the ratings werent flawed......Not one soap on right now has WOW ratings or even mediocre ratings...all of them suck. GH's 2.1 is easily beatable. So them sitting at 3rd is no biggie.

• Members

The soaps are at the point where it doesn't matter what characters are featured or if the writing is good or bad or average.The audience is simply not there any more. The women in the desired demos aren't home and if they are, they are not watching soap operas. The mid-30 and over are probably watching any number of shows that include the Food Network and HGTV programming. The younger women are playing video games, chatting on their cell phones, surfing the web or studying.

Archived