Love of Life Discussion Thread

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was reading a TV Radio Mirror from October 1974 and they mention Oliver Crawford will be playing one of Betsy's brothers, and would appear in late summer. I didn't see any Oliver Crawford on IMDB who would be in the right age range in this role. I don't know anything about this role. Who were her brothers?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Variety reports that in June 69 ,Robert J Shaw departs as headwriter to be replaced by Robert and Eileen Pollack.It noted that the Pollacks had been away from soaps for 10 years,having last worked on Brighter day.

By February 1970,the Pollacks were out and Richard and Esther Shapiro were announced as new headwriters.

This contradicts the list of headwriters published in Soap World and other soap books.

• Members

A wonderful treat from saynotoursoap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R03mhsqalBQ

Lots of nice stuff in here. Good to know more about Meg's husband and Ben's father - I didn't know he was mentally ill. Was he ever on the show?

I love how natural the scene with Ellie and Van is, even with heavy recap, and a story I don't understand (Speed the narcotics agent and some bad man named Bernie, and Van's true love Alex Crown - anyone know more about this?).

This is also an example of how you can do a soap on a budget. Everything with Van and Ellie works so well and you don't sit there and think "cheap cheap cheap."

• Members

There's at least one more of them with Beanie where Meg claims to have a splitting headache and he asks Evans what it means when a headache splits. Evans explains that a headache is simply just a headache until it becomes an excuse and then it's a splitting headache. Jean McBride's Meg was just so. damned. snarky. The more I see o her in the role, the more I realize how perfect Tudi Wiggins was as a recast.