Love of Life Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks. I thought there was something very handsome, in an offbeat way, about Ron.

I wish we could see Audrey as Vanessa. I read one comment over at the Internet Archive that said she was a good actress but a bit too worldly to be Vanessa, that Bonnie Bartlett was bad, and that McCay was the perfect Vanessa.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

An April 75 press clipping lists Jean Arley as producer and Margaret DePriest as headwriter with associates Nancy Ford and Clarice Blackburn,

The cast list is

Van

Meg

Bruce

Ben

Cal

Rick

Charles

Diana

Felicia

Sarah

Betsy

Jamie

Arlene

Hank

David

Johnny

All familiar performers

The following characters were new to me

Linda Crawford played by Romola Robb Allrud

Prof James Crawford played by Kenneth MacMillan

Dr Paul Bryson played by Earle Hyman

Hyman played Bill Cosby's dad on The Cosby Show.

I guess Linda and James were Betsy's sister and father?

Here's a pic of Bonnie Bartlett as Van from 56

$(KGrHqV,!i8E3Sg1BGbqBN+2sgFO0!~~0_12.JPG

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Paul Raven, Linda was Betsy's mother, not her sister. James was indeed Betsy's father. The Crawfords lived in the UK, where James had a teaching post at university. The couple came to Rosehill in April 1975 just prior to Ben and Betsy's wedding. They stayed about six weeks as recurring characters.

Earle Hyman was Bill Cosby's TV dad, but he was better known in soaps as Neil Davenport, Colin Whitney's campaign manager during the Keith Whitney storyline on Edge of Night. Keith conked Neil over the head in March 1971, put him in a car, and pushed it over a cliff on the island of St. Elenora. On LOL, Dr. Bryson was the psychiatrist who attempted to heal David Hart after he shot and killed his own father, Rosehill's corrupt mayor who tried to rape David's girlfriend Cal. Dr. Bryson also treated sexually repressed Felicia Fleming, who was having flashbacks from childhood.

• 2 weeks later...