Martha Bryne's next gig

• Members

Where would you like to see Martha Bryne land? Is there any particular role you think she would be perfect for?

I'm really hoping Martha comes back to daytime. she wasn't always my favorite, but I definitely warmed up to her over the years and I miss her as Lily. I think I'd like to see OLTL create a new role for her. That show could use another woman in her mid 30's I think.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is no room for Martha Byrne at OLTL which their cast is full and they need to showcase their own cast members more (i.e. Nora, Lindsay, Jess/Tess, Renee, Talia, Tina, Marty, Marcie, Layla, Dorian, Langston, Carlotta, Addie, Roxy, and Viki); however, less on Starr, Blair, Sarah, Gigi & Natalie.

• Members

Martha is going to find it hard to get employed in daytime. She's hitting 40, is very closely identified with ATWT and probably goes for a high price. The P&G soaps are dead to her, OLTL is too full of divas, AMC is the only option, she could be good there, it's hard to tell.

Y&R and B&B: forget it.

GH: nearing 40, forget it.

DAYS: forget it.

• Members

I don't think she'd fit well on AMC as anything more than a short term character. It's cast is too full (ditto OLTL) and I don't really see any storyline place for her unless Bobbie Eakes was to leave and Byrne take over the role.

• Members

Please let TPTB come to their senses and bring Martha back as Lily. Nothing against NB, but since the audience has no real connection to her, the current "triangle" is really no such thing. Imagine the fireworks with two Emmy-winning leading ladies (Martha, Maura) going at it!

• Members

GH's cast isn't too full. Hell, I don't even think that piece of crap show counts as a soap anymore (this coming from someone who rushed home from school every day to see Lucky and Liz fall in love). Bring Martha Byrne on as Liz's mom, have her be a doctor and start to refocus the show.

• Members

GH cast isn't too full? Did you know that pigs actually fly?!! We all know GH doesn't utilize their cast entirely and they would get rid of anyone who's considered as a veteran. Martha Byrne as Liz's mom, I cannot see that because isn't Liz mid-late 20 something which would make Martha pushing over 50?

• Members

No, GH's cast isn't full. I don't consider a show where 4 actors are used to be full, regardless of "actual" size. Look at the gaps in the canvas - husbands and daughters are dead, mothers are in comas and half the vets are on recurring. It's too late to salvage most of it. As for the age thing, you have a point but Cady McClain did play Jacob Young's mother :lol:

• Members

As long as JFP is running GH there will always be gaps in the canvas. She hires her faves and friends for the roles of GH. You should be lucky that she's not killing off Bobbie by a serial killer pulling her hair, ripping her clothes off, and stabbing her 1000 times just like it happened in front of our eyes with Frankie of AW. I really loathe that dragon lady of GH, she is the ultimate reason why Genie Francis is not on the show.

• Members

As popular as Martha Byrne is, I don't think she comes with a big paycheck. She took numerous paycuts at ATWT and her "demands" for his last contract were so ridiculously low that she can't possibly be seen as greedy. I just want her to rest and find the right role, not just jump into something because she's currently not on daytime. Y&R is in a state of transition and still needs a cast revamp, so I'd love her over there.

• Members

I also see her as Cassie on OLTL. Mixing it up with Kassie DePaiva and Robin Strasser as a Cramer woman? Fantastic! Romantic history with Kevin and Bo (though the Bo thing was kinda forgotten as Cassie seemed to get younger with recasts, didn't she)? And Adriana's out, so Dorian needs her daughter. Byrne also can do well with mental instability, and think she could bring a lot of raw emotion to a character like Cassie.

I definitely see it, and OLTL can't have too many divas. :D

AMC, though, I can't see it having room for Byrne, what with Jesse/Angie, NuJake, upcoming Taylor, and Mario Van Peebles on the payroll.

I wouldn't wish a role on GH on my most hated actress.

Archived