DAYS: Carver Family Spoiler

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See, this is why i love it. Abe & lexie have needed a story for years and years, and nopw they are getting one - and a damn good one! the bradys get so many storylines that its about time another couple or family did.

Theo can carry them into the next generation - just because he has this doeant mean he is dead.

Theo is DiMera.

• Members

Well I may be the minority on this but I definitely would like to see Reilly come back. If he does, they just need to pair him up with a co-head writer. Didn't he co-headwrite with Sheri Anderson in the 90s? If not her then someone else. He is very creative when he puts his mind to it and that's what the show needs right now. I hardly had boring moments watching DAYS when Reilly was writing. Even when some of the storylines were dumb and predictable, I was never bored. Everything was a cliffhanger...even the commercial breaks. And of course every show ended in a way that made you want to see the next one. That's what I loved about DAYS...It was interesting...Thank God that YouTube allows me to relive those DAYS!

• Members

Well that is good if they have a storyline oif their own, i agree that they haven`t had much storylines, as someone said that black actors on Y&R, get screentime, what about B&B, where there isn`t an black character, i dont think hardly that there is an latino character, i think B&B, have more problems with that then Days.

• Members

Marlenafan, being a longtime fan who remembers the show Pre-Reilly, I just can't say I want him back. The show was altered under his reign and has never (and will never) return to normal. It's not just the cast that he altered, it's the entire concept of what made Salem tick. However, I would prefer him to Higley, and I agree that he made the show interesting at points.

Him co-headwriting with Anderson would be cool. I would be ok with that. One thing you can give Reilly is he knew who to write for. He gave the big four storylines and kept them front and center. He just dumbed down the show. He gave us good guys with no brains, and bad guys with no motives, and nothing in between. He never gave us character depth, which is something Anderson does well.

I loved 91-94, so I would be for an Anderson/Reilly team, but I doubt we'll ever get that lucky again!

• Members

Because they are idiots?

When most of us see spoilers like these we think "great, they have been supporting characters for long, finally they get their own storyline".

But there will always be some idiotes that have to make it about color.

• Members

Hell, I can't remember the last time a person of ANY color had a socially relevant story on Days.

And no, I don't count Iraq OR that All-Women-Who-Have-Had-Abortions-Must-Pay garbage.

I still think this is just a lame excuse for Lexie to sleep with Daniel, but that's just my opinion. We'll see two-three weeks of autism, and then Lexie will be on her back.

• Members
I know. I'm currently taking care of s boy who just got diagnosed and he's five. But like we've mentioned a couple of times already, 3-ish is the most common age. I just think TPTB wants to tell this story this way, they want it to be credible. I would bet my house there would be upset people if Theo got diagnosed while he was 5-6. Just like during the Irak-story etc.

I get that you don't like Higley. I just don't think this something to pin her for.

I don't like de-aging either, but I would be more then willing to let this one pass. I don't think it's a big deal. Plus if they hire a new kid who's 3 it's more likely he'll pass as autistic, then to tell a 5 year old to act in a certain way that wouldn't be normal for him. jmo :)

• Members

It was groundbreaking and Ted Corday pushed forward with it despite hate mail and threats against the show. You know there had to be a few housewives in my neck of the woods that started out hating it with a passion, but finally saw that honestly, race is a non issues in matters of the heart. Thats what daytime should be partially about. Not preachy, but informative to a degree. Thank God we've come further now, but what made that story great was the boldness to tell the RIGHT story. To make it not about race, even though it was a gutsy move. People started rooting for Dave and Val because of the connection, and put their disgusting perceptions aside. Days made headway by writing for two diverse characters, and doing it like it was any other couple.

Not to mention the acting was superb.

Archived