DAYS: Carver Family Spoiler

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But just because those are screwed up doesn't mean Theo should be too. Messing w/ the other's ages doesn't mean they shouldn't have Theo be his CORRECT age....especially sicne he wasn't SORASed.

• Members

You are right, but it does mean i dont expect it to be. Its a soap opera - no ones age is correct. Theo being 3 and not 5.. i just dont see as an issue. Maybe i expect less, idk. But i dont understand why people are expecting theo to be his correct age when no one else is. Its not like they took him from 10 to 3.

• Members

Y&R is about the only one.

AMC is right now, but before 6 months ago? Nothing for years.

ATWT dabbled here and there with Jessica, but thats it.

OLTL has'nt told a decent story with an AA in a lead role in... forever. Same for Days.

GH, BB, GL its almost like there are none. Well there was not on BB forever but now they have Marcus.

• Members

To me, this reeks of "Victor has Epliepsy" on Y&R, done by a writer who was just as much of a hack, LML, and really, it could have just as easily been Victor Newman experiments with Mind-Altering Drugs ("I'm on the brink of a 'personal revelation' oh look at this crazy light lady")...

Maybe Theo will sit at his desk all day long and cut out snowflakes!

I don't see DAYS or Dena HACKley being able to do it any justice.

• Members

I'm glad DOOL is doing the story, and I think daytime would be well-served to return to stories that raise awareness. Now I don't think it should become the social justice hour, but I hope this story educates people that children with autism don't need to be locked up somewhere.

• Members

Oddly enough, Night Shift is also doing a story like this with Jagger's son, Stone.

I'm glad that Abe and Lexie and Theo are finally having a story of their own. I hope this is done well. But I highly doubt it, since its Higley.

• Members

Days has been so blah lately. I mean, the show is boring as it could possibly be. The triangles hold no real point. It's like Reilly, with no one to root for and no drama or "moment of truth" at hand. Atleast there was some sort of end game that would matter with Reilly at the helm. With Dena, it's like musical beds with no substance. I want to see some sort of plot direction without becoming too plot driven. This show is not building up to anything, and like it or not, that is what serialized drama is about. ANY serial is about the big moment, and everything leading up to it. Days is a ship drifting aimlessly, with a bunch of boring, small moments that stand for nothing. I don't want Reilly back, but would Beth Milstein or Sheri Anderson be too much to ask for? They wrote storylines that had an ebb and flow. They wrote for "the big moment"

As for the autisim storyline, this is good. I'm just hoping it's not the only good thing we will see this year from Days. I hope it's well written and puts new layers on Lexie and Abe's characters. They are the most under appreciated characters on this show, and I'm pleased with Dena's choice for the storyline, and pleasantly surprised. My hope is that Ed Scott still works on the lot in Burbank. He will help this play out well on screen. And, even though I'm no fan, with Dena's history on the subject, it will serve her well writing this. This is a brave and gutsy storyline, and I think this is the first time I can commend Higley as a head writer.

I think she was a brilliant script writer, BTW. She did great work with Sheri Anderson, and Tom Horton's funeral was a classic episode she did a great job writing. Thats her calling. However, on the state of the ENTIRE show right now, Blah. Bland. Snooze.

• Members

ATWT did several profound stories with African Americans. They didn't "dabble", they "did".

Jessica, an African American, raised eyebrows when she married a white Scottish male named Duncan McKechnie.

The two had a child, Bonnie, who grew up to learn through life lessons that not everything comes easy.

She met and married, currently divorcing, another African American, Isaac.

Isaac's brother Ben met and married Jessica after her divorce from Duncan.

Ben's ex-squeeze Camille was also featured in some strong frontburner stories.

Ben also flirted with Tom's Korean American daughter Lien, even helping her through a life-threatening illness, before finally settling down with Jessica.

Ben adopted a young African American like himself named Curtis.

Ben, Jessica, Bonnie, and co. battled African American law shark Marshall whose countless advances towards Jessica resulted in his rape of Jessica and Bonnie ultimately (accidentally) killing him.

Bonnie and Isaac struggled through Bonnie's obsession with a mixed A.A./white girl named Sarah, whose father turned out to be Marshall.

Doc Reese, a smooth-talking African American sportscaster, came to Oakdale and threatened the love lives of two of Oakdale's supercouples: Ben & Jessica and Tom & Margo.

Oakdale has seen its fair share of African Americans in frontrunner stories....stories that impacted Oakdale in profound ways.

Now, it's Salem's turn. And I surely hope that Dena doesn't blow this one, since she seems to have such an emotional tie to this particular story. I just hope the pressure isn't too much.

Archived