DAYS: Carver Family Spoiler

• Members

I wonder if this story will last for an entire week. Or maybe 2 weeks. Oh what a blessing a whole two weeks of story would be!

Yeah, it's a nice idea but Dena has little to no follow through on her "nice ideas".

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually RJ has been on more in the past month than in the past 2 years (sand no dont gog et the numbers, im not stating this as fact.. lol but it sure feels like it).

Abe & lexie have been having issues for about a month or so now and Theo isnt talking and is starting to act diff. They have laid it out - they have i think been getting him checkedout but no one has said what it is yet.

I love it. Its the first time ina long timt hese two have a story of thier own and not used a prop for someone else.

• Members
Hey, it's daytime. Do we really need to even talk about why he's still 3?

They probably need him to be 3 years old right now because of the autism. They would've most likely noticed it earlier if he were 5 right now. 3 and in some cases 4 is the most common age when they can review and define if there's a problem with your child.

• Members

I think they diagnosed my niece's son when he was a little older than 2. I'm so glad they are doing this story, and I hope it is done well.

As far as AA characters, I think ABCD does far and away a poorer job than CBS, and DOOL. ATWT and Y&R have strong AA characters in key roles. DOOL has the Carvers -- although they seem to be missing for a large number of years. AMC is the only ABC soap that has a central AA couple right now -- J/A. By the way, J/A are great and make AMC worth watching.

• Members
Yeah, exactly. That's why I said the most common age... It also depend on what kind of autism we're talking about. Perhaps it was very clear what was going on in your niece's son's case?

If they would've diagnosed Theo at 5 people connected to autism would've complained about it, so it's better this way. imo

Bryan Dattilo also has a child with autism. So I hope Higley will write this story with respect. If not for herself, then for him.

• Members

Matters to me. I'm no longer buying the "this is DAYS" excuse. I'm over that. This is just Higley making Theo 3 once again because her son was 3 when he was discovered to be autistic and the dumb bitch can't write unless she's copying something from something else and putting into her writing. This is just another case of her molding the characters (and their ages too) around the plot. She's a plot-driven writer.

• Members
lol No! Like I said, most kids with autism are diagnosed when they're 3 years old. It's just the way it is. Yes, of course there's children diagnosed when they were younger/older. But most of the time, the age of 3 is indeed a common age of discovering and diagnosing autism. Believe me I know, I work with children diagnosed with autism.

And how can you be over the fact that age "doesn't matter" on soaps? That's also, just the way it is. It's not like it's the worst age-thingy in the soap world, or even on DAYS... I'm sorry, I just don't get why it's such a big deal. If we were discussing for example EJ I would agree with you.

• Members

^ Oh, I'm totally aware that most kids are diagnosed at three, but like you said, that doesn't mean a five year old couldn't be diagnosed with autism. It's perfectly normal. It's just that three is ususally the common age, probably because that's when the cognitive skills become displayed in children. But a five year old could be diagnosed as well.

It's juts one more thing that pits me against Higley. To me, she can't write. The only successful storyline that I will give her in all of her times as head writer for OLTL and DAYS, it was the storyline on OLTL, which she ripped from the Lacey Peterson murder, and wrote pretty much event for event. She can't come up with ideas on her own. And that's being proven right now. She was doing okay in the beginning, but that was because she was ending Hogan's stories. And the dumb bitch F'ed up there because she ended them too soon. A head writer should always take a couple of months wrapping up the previous writer's stories because that gives them a couple of months to plan future stories. But Higley doesn't know what she's doing and now we're stuck with this painfully boring show right now.

I'm usally not a stickler for SORASing. I don't have a problem with making a character older to enhance the story. I do wish that soaps would allow characters to age naturally, but that's never going to happen. It's a soap staple. They need to do more stories for more generations, and time doesn't permit characters to age naturally. However, I will never understand the point of de-SORASing. Why?

• Members

I would expand but I don't want to get yelled at. Suffice to say that the Carver family isn't exactly huge to begin with and this condition...well I mean do autistic people have kids?

I mean do Abe and Lexie have other children. Who will continue their family into the next generation.

There are plenty of Brady's and Dimieras they could have done this with...

But I'm not a huge watcher of Days so ultimately it doesn't really affect me. Just my thoughts on the situation.

Archived