All: Grade May Sweeps!

• Members

AMC: A-

OLTL: B+

These were the only 2 shows IMO to really amp up the volume. Sure, the climax to the Robert/Jesse stuff was cartoonish and ghostDixie is preying on my nerves, but there's no denying the excitement value involved. OLTL, while I still think highly overrated (I could write a 20-chapter novel on this), brought it home with the Rex/Gigi stuff. The less said about the Starr/Cole crap the better.

The rest were no-shows IMO

Y&R: C. When one of your top 3 most memorable moments is Phyllis scolding Amber for falling prey to some online scheme, you know there's nothing of note happening. I understand that they're in transition, but the show has been in this state for months. Get things moving already, dammit! I hope Hogan is their man.

GH: D. Bad and boring, the 2 deadly sins in the soap world. Nothing else to say about this. It really is time for a change at the top. Maybe once Frons finishes fixing AMC's problems, he can turn his attention to GH.

GL: F. Um, the show is totally unwatchable. I tried sitting through a whole episode today for the first time in a week, and it's just bad. From the shaky camerawork, to the horrid sets, to the sound quality...the show is just amateurish. And the putrid production values is only serving to highlight some really bad acting on the part of much of the cast. Someone put this show out of its misery.

Can't comment on B&B, Days or ATWT, since I wasn't able to catch much of them this month.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to give AMC a C+. May sweeps ended last week and the big action started last week.

I thought it was nice and unexpected how they handled the Z/K part of the ONS reveal.

The addition of Cassandra to the Hubbard family finally made them click for me. I found them and their storyline obnoxious before. Whatever has been going on concerning a diamond and a stuffed elephant since (rolls eyes), the family aspect has been the focus in the last month and it's been really good.

Bringing Adam back to the forefront was fantastic. Hokey, cheesy ghost stuff aside, I enjoyed Adam/Dixie more than I hated it. They let him give it back to her.

The A/J wedding was FAN-TASTIC.

I can only stomach watching one soap at a time these days. I gloss over the rest, too little to grade.

• Members

OLTL: A

Is it 100% perfect? No. But is it entertaining? Hells yeah! I can't think of one episode, I didn't enjoy this month. The return of David, Blair standing up to Todd, all the Gigi/Rex/Adriana drama, Jared & Natalie finally together, hot Antonio & Talia moments...OLTL was must see for me. And will mostly likely, continue into the summer :)

GH: C

Michael storyline went on for too long

AMC: D

I had high expectations for one story and I was completely and utterly disappointed. And none of other stories, really rocked my socks

• Members

I agree. It gets an A based on comparison, shall we say on a sort of soaps bell curve.

Y&R - C, passable but disappointing. They've managed to keep everything I critisize but endure (pacing, etc.) and exacerbate it.

B&B I'd give a B from what I've seen.

I saw some of the recent AMC scenes and while they reminded me of GH stunts, I found them to be quite engrossing, especially because of Jesse and Angie. But I haven't watched enough to grade it.

• Members

This is hard since I've been working so much..so from what I've seen..

B&B: B+

Y&R: C

GL: D+

And the show I watch most, but tuned off a good bit because I didn't like a few storylines...

Days: C

I guess after John's death, funeral, comeback, the plane crash and all, sweeps for Days seemed like a letdown. Mix in a couple I can't stomach, and I think a C is generous.

I watched 2 episodes of OLTL, and they would both g't judge the whole get a strong A-. I can't judge the whole month, but the dialouge alone gets an A- for the show.

• Members

I thought for awhile there B&B and OLTL were the only ones really rocking it. I dont think the others are hardly worth mentioning in comparison, but AMC is picking up. ATWT, GL and GH are deplorable, and Y&R is sorta a snoozefest. B&B is retreating from its awesomeness with the Storm/Katie stuff but OLTL is stronggg

Archived