May 12-16, 2008

Toups

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, this is a lower order polynomial. I do know how to do the more complex stuff, but when it comes to time trends, simpler often tells a simpler story.

As for the Markov stuff...I'm actually interested in coupled time series. But I had to wrap my head around how to do it. I think I figured it out today. That's what Memorial Day is for. Geeky fun.

• Members

OK that's it. You guys are just scaring me!

I'm kidding. I really just wanted to add my gratitude for all the charts and graphs. I'm a complete math loser so the visuals help. Although saying Memorial Day is for making graphs and working with data? That just breaks my heart.

• Members

Thanks for all the analysis - its really interesting -given that you are using stats software of some sort and have the data, maybe you can please calculate something - the various autocorrelation for each soap for each season - I've never seen anyone test to see if people really are less loyal over time or more loyal , where loyal is implied by propensity to watch this week, given they watched last week... you dont have to if you dont wanna, i know its kinda boring :P Thanks for all the analysis anyway :)

• Members

What on earth is it going to take to get JP fired, good god, the show had a 2.4 during the strike and moving up, then the week she came back, down it went, and down every week since then, and now back to the all time low, FIRE THAT HACK! :angry:

[!@#$%^&*]

• Members

ATWT's drop is only -.1 from the previous week. I think it's a bloomin' miracle considering the state the show is in and the dumps Y&R and B&B are taking.

Don't ask me how we can be +230,000 from AMC in total viewers, and yet tied with them in HH. (I'm not asking for an explanation---it makes my head hurt. It just sucks.)

Archived