April 21-25, 2008

Toups

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For some reason I still capture GH daily on my computer, edit out the commercials and save it. (Don't ask me why - I haven't actually watched in weeks lol). Anyhow, it's still averaging around 36 minutes including the end credits/previews, and that's what it has averaged for the past 3 years that I've been doing this. Days, the other show that I capture daily averages a minute to a minute and a half longer than GH.

Back in the early to mid 90's the shows were 42 minutes and iirc, in the late 80's they were around 46 minutes. In Canada the CRTC forces the tv affiliates to provide 42 minutes of non-commercial airtime per hour, so stations like Global who carry Days have to fill up the remaining time with community service type announcements.

• Members

Sadly I could see Tomlin and/or Pratt getting the demos up at AMC with their special brand of barely-clothed former models.

Frons is going to do something rash to get AMC's demos up, like hire those two or maybe even transfer JFP over there.

Or maybe AMC is right where he wants it.

• Members

Toupsy do you have the day to day ratings?

Honestly I really and truly doubt it, if dancing on a pole did nothing for ratings, I doubt anything else will.

They've tried plot device after plot device and it does nothing but kill ratings

• Members

OUCH

But I'm not surprised.

Y&R didn't change one bit that week than the week previous. However, the show was up nearly 200,000 viewers from last week, so that's good, hopefully the next few weeks will allow the show to increase. It's been stagnant.

B&B deserves to go up next week, like majorly.

ABC Daytime: this is a 'good' week in the sense that the numbers are up. However, take a look at those Total Viewers, done at least 500,000 for each show. That's serious, it needs to be handled. Frons needs to be fired.

P&G: Don't watch em, don't care.

DAYS: Nice to see it up.

Archived