April 21-25, 2008

Toups

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carjack really didn't end up balancing the rest though because so many of their fans are fed up with the writing for them now. They had made so much progress and then bam JP is back and Jack is being a jerk and all of a sudden Holden is Carly's new BFF. This is pushing a lot of CarJack fans over the edge and I know plenty that are tuning out until the writing changes.

Sofie/Paul/Meg/Mike has just become the newest boresome foursome.

I know I'm a loyal viewer but I'm really losing interest fast.

• Members
Congrats to any soap who got a plus in any catagory this week! Congrats to O.L.T.L.!! I've enjoyed the show for months. Kudos to them for getting the ratings up this week!! Not a minus in any catagory!!! Kudos and congratulations to the actors and actresses on GH for getting mostly pluses this week!!!

• Members

So apparently AMC mixing its usual [!@#$%^&*] with character assassination (Annie) and quasi-fanfic (Zendall literally BURNING DOWN the site of her infidelity) didn't go off well. Tsk.

• Members
What I'm curious about now is where does GL go from here? They put their proverbial eggs in one basket, banking on their new production model to save the show. It is clear that model isn't working and has turned veiwers off, except perhaps for the diehard fans. Does CBS/P&G "correct their mistake, return the show to it's more familiar format, or do they just let the show die a slow death? Even if they wanted to get rid of the new production model, do they have the budget to do it? Also, will P&G/CBS keep Ellen and David on? Let's face it: they're the biggest problem with the show (and Barbara Bloom, who was pushing this new "reality" type model). I'd love to see a cean sweep: Babs, El and Dave all swept out at once and a new team brought in to "save" the show. Ain't gonna happen, I know, but it's what NEEDS to happen. Anyone else with thoughts about this?

• Members

There should have been alot more payoff to the Zendall stuff. Instead off kendall sems to be worried about is Greenlee ,u just know that when Grenelee learns the truth that Jack will bash kendall and Greenlee will act like she did nothing wrong in her life and the next 3 months will be kendll begging Greenlee to fogive her.

• Members

>>What I'm curious about now is where does GL go from here? They put their proverbial eggs in one basket, banking on their new production model to save the show. It is clear that model isn't working and has turned veiwers off, except perhaps for the diehard fans. Does CBS/P&G "correct their mistake, return the show to it's more familiar format, or do they just let the show die a slow death? Even if they wanted to get rid of the new production model, do they have the budget to do it? Also, will P&G/CBS keep Ellen and David on? Let's face it: they're the biggest problem with the show (and Barbara Bloom, who was pushing this new "reality" type model). I'd love to see a cean sweep: Babs, El and Dave all swept out at once and a new team brought in to "save" the show. Ain't gonna happen, I know, but it's what NEEDS to happen. Anyone else with thoughts about this?>>

What irritates me the most about Wheeler is that she keeps trying to fix or change things that aren't broken. Argh! But that aside, I've given some thought about what they can do to save this trainwreck, and I keep coming back to THE WRITING. I think we are stuck with the cheaper, digital cameras, the permanent tiny inside sets and the outside scenes. I really doubt they would have the money to revert back to the old production model and I very much doubt Wheeler would do that even if there was money because that's admitting defeat.

I can actually get used to the new production model if they cut the shaky camera - which they've done somewhat - and cut way back on the music montages. The constant music montages is just boring filler because Wheeler herself has bragged about how scripts were cut from 90 pages down to 50. The show is so boring! Nothing really ever happens. I can watch this production model if they would just improve on the writing and focus on story story story instead of music.

• Members
Let me reiterate: Nothing really ever happens.

GL is pretty much stuck with the new cameras and filming techniques. This saved the show money when they switched to this format and that was necessary for PGP to continue with GL. Personally, I think they have the filming problems just about ironed out (sound, shakiness, etc.). The real problem with GL is the writing. Someone once said that you could have the best actors, most elaborate sets and prettiest faces and if the writing was bad, it wouldn't matter. That time is here. Wheeler and/or Bloom continues to miss the point that viewers want characters they know and love with good stories that involve romance and drama. Right now, there aren't any good stories, romance or good drama. Who cares if Cassie sleeps with the whole town?!? Who cares if Dinah can hold off Alan? Who cares if Reva becomes the next "Larry the Cable Guy?" There are no emotions whatsoever to GL and that makes for a very dull show.

• Members

I'm really concerned for AMC, especially the demos. As far as HHs, AMC and the five other shows below Y&R and B&B are essentially in a 3-way tie for third place...their numbers are always THISCLOSE! But the demos for AMC were atrocious and troubling this week, given that OLTL's and GH's were much higher. AMC, while still with a number of problems, has really improved lately to the point of it being watchable, yet the HHs are flat (and that's being generous) and the demos continue to tumble. I guess a lot of people have just given up to the point where nothing can lure them back.

Archived