Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Michael Levin was, briefly,  in the book.

He said Jack and Mary was probably his favorite story.

He said soap operas are female-driven and written with them in mind. He said none of the Mary recasts were right. He said Helen Gallagher's suggestion of Kathleen Tolan was bad.  Karen Morris-Gowdy said Michael was very grumpy during this time because he was frustrated --- he let everyone know how unhappy he was. Times he says he didn't have anything to do. He pushed for Tichina Arnold to be hired ---it was fun ---but not much came from Jack and Zena story.  He didn't like the storyline with Jack's parents ---thought it was silly ----although it gave him certain dramatic scenes and he was flattered by the attention it gave him. He liked the return of Leigh.

Michael Levin said Yasmine was very sweet and pretty.

After the show ended, he said he missed the money the most.

• Members

Promo at 5 minutes, another at 6 minutes. There's a Karen Morris Gowdy ad at about 4 minutes.

Promo at the start of this. There's another with Siobhan/Joe that repeats a few times.

A promo about a minute into this:

Edited by DRW50

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

He also made a few appearances at Christmastime on AMC in its last few years on ABC.

In regards to RH, why are the earliest months of the show so inconsistent to find online? I don't think I've ever seen the second and third episodes, and there are plenty more within the first 60 or so that are missing. Surely they must have aired on SOAPnet?

• Members

I thought he was already dead. Rest in peace.

Malachy was a very charismatic, rich actor. I have to admit I hated his character on Ryan's Hope, as he was so often just wheeled out to bash Delia, but that wasn't Malachy's doing.

• Members

I think there were two very early episodes--like before Episode 50 or so--that were either missing or so deteriorated they couldn't be aired, so SoapNet just had summaries posted on their site. (Possibly only one, but I'm pretty sure two.) But other than that, everything aired up until whichever point in December 1981 they chose to stop at that round.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Here are some Soapnet episodes that were put up over on YouTube over the last year under rogershope --- 2, 10,12, 14, 16,23, 24, 26, 28, 30, 43, 45, 46.

If you click on Ryan's Hope, Part 1 playlist--- rogershope combined what TheSquirrelyGirl had put up ---with those episodes they added that I had listed above.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFJmfIGg9Exuwf17gb5-Kw/search?query=Ryan's+Hope

Edited by safe

• 3 weeks later...