April 14-18, 2008

Toups

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can someone please explain the OLTL love to me? I just don't get it why some people see this as the soap from the gods. I used to love the show, but I've found it so meh for years now, even under Carlivati. Like the other ABC shows, it just seems so agenda-driven and dumbed down beyond belief. Sure it's got some nice sets and some talented actors, but what is so wonderful about the writing? I feel like I'm missing something!!

• Members

I thought his first couple of months were good, well better than what OLTL had been for years at that point. However, after that Marcie on the run story ended, the show became more and more boring. Add to that, I hate Starr, Todd, and Blair and couldn't care any less what happens to those characters.

It's a step above Higley's material, but that's not saying much. The stories still need a lot of work and I really don't think Ron will be much of an improvement from what we're getting now, the storylines are just too boring IMO.

• Members

Spot on. I actually never had high hopes in him so he wasn't that much of a disappointment. And true – things won't improve...

I truly don't understand the madness that surrounds him. He's just... Nothing much.

• Administrator

Ron Carlivati was hitting his stride in January/early February (before the strike happened). Storylines were interconnecting, if something happened in one storyline, it would affect another. There was cast intergration. Stories were slowly building up to a climax (unfortunately, the strike happened, so Gary Tomlin just put Ron's storylines aside until he got back). Oh, Friday cliffhangers! Ron brought those back to OLTL. Also Ron understands what soap operas should be about: family.

That's why I can't wait until Ron's material starts airing again and OLTL's May sweeps previews sounds better than any other soap. :)

• Members

Agreed. The stuff with Viki in Texas and climaxing with the Marcie on the run story were interesting, and the show got some deserved props for making Slezak prominent within the storyline. It was all definitely a little breath of fresh air after Higley. I wasn't at all impressed with the fallout or the ensuing stories, which began before Tomlin began scabbing. Slezak seems static again, the Rex/Adrianna/Gigi triangle seems pointless (to be honest, Lavoisier has more chemistry with the guys, and Farrah Fath is just god-awful), and there are really no words to describe the Cole/Starr Romeo/Juliet thing, which has pretty much hijacked the show.

• Members

As of right now OLTL is boring. Gary is slowing things down. It keep reapeating. Cole/Star arguing over her bing pregnet. Also the boring characters are getting the airtime..........Christan/Sarah/Jess/Nash/John/Talia ect.......

• Members

They typically drop hard on Thursday or Friday. It alternates, I'm no sure it even matter what's on but I'm sure if people liked what was on better the trend could be bucked a bit more. Here's the ABC recap for the day.

Friday, April 18: Zach struggles to stuff down his anger when Aidan comes to ask him about the job at Cambias he once proposed. Kendall panics when Zach accepts Greenlee’s invitation for them to have dinner with her and Aidan. Greenlee and Kendall meet with a group of high school girls in a mentoring program and the experience reminds Kendall how much she stands to lose if Greenlee ever learns the truth of her betrayal. Annie and Ryan rush Emma to the hospital when she suffers an allergic reaction to a bug bite. Annie’s heart breaks when she sees Ryan’s love for Emma and longs for him to have those feelings for her. Erica faces her laundry duty with clear disdain. Carmen warns Erica she needs to start keeping a lower profile and not antagonize the other prisoners. Erica is surrounded by a group of tough looking inmates. Angie and Krystal share some girl talk about the men in their lives. Tad refuses to go along with Jesse’s latest plan and warns Robert to keep his distance. Angie realizes Jesse is still involved in the investigation even though she asked him to let it go.

Archived