April 14-18, 2008

Toups

• Members

AMC is better than it was months ago, but it still needs major improvement, I mean KWAK and Angie as friend-contrived, Zach and Greenlee as friends-idiotic as it gets and contrived, Kendall and Greenlee as friends-see Zach and Greenlee.

IMO I find Jesse & Angie's storyline utterly boring. I find them to be a very good soap couple that has alot of realism about them, but they're not doing anything really.

Plus I know that was this week, but then they go and do stupid stuff like Greenlee calling herself Spike's "Auntie Greenlee" it's stuff like that when the show manages to get two steps ahead it pushes itself back 20 steps.....

I'd like to know that too, IMO he's majorly overrated

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It seems that ABC is the sinking ship....New lows for AMC and OLTL....GH is tumbling and is not the mainstay it once was. Everyone who watches ABC should be worried becuase of their ratings going below GL! When will the bleeding stop at ABC...quit picking on GL and pick on your poor ass shows that are a major TRAINWRECK and no this isn't May Sweeps!

• Members

My point was not to pick on GL. I used to f***ing love this show in the 80s and for most of the 90s, and it saddens me to see the state it's in. I'm just stating the facts, that this show has been rumored for cancellation for years, and that more than likely it will come to an end at the end of its next contract cycle, which is 2009, I believe. GH, for all its problems and which I find utterly unwatchable, is a much more demographically desirable show and carries a certain cache within the industry. Plus, since ABC owns the show outright, it doesn't have to pay licensing fees, a la the CBS/P&G dynamic. When the time inevitably comes to soaps to go the way of the dinosaurs and become extinct, at least in their current forms, probably within the next 10 years, I think that Y&R and GH will be the last shows to go. GL, ATWT, and DAYS will most likely be the first to go. Sad, yes, but that's the reality.

• Members

There are bits and pieces of it that is good. But the rest is just bad.

Did I mention Katie's wedding got the lowest HH and Total Viewers for the week on Thursday. :lol: That makes me happy because I cant stand Katie! She is overexposed. She needs a long rest.

• Members

^i actually really enjoy it right now too.

days isnt doing that bad.

gh's biggest problem is that it has no heart. amc and oltl are just a bore.

gl im up and down with. its def better than abc daytime tho.

i wonder if bb will take Y&R's top spot this year?

• Members

Yeah I'll give you that, there are glaring issues, but you know...every show has issues right now apparently. It just so happens their issues don't bother me all that much because I'm *quite* entertained. Whereas, my other guilty plez DAYS is vastly improving, however they're about as riveting as wax grapes nowadays. But, I guess variety is the spice of life.

• Members

If weddings were about true romance and not a quick 3 month dating and then marriage. Maybe the ratings for weddings would be higher. The wedding is the pay off for the couple. Katie and Brad were good as a couple for all of 2 seconds. Once katie started acting like herself the couple lost all appeal to me.

The wedding was stupid! I cant believe ATWT put that kind of a wedding on. I am glad it didnt do well. It was a dumb idea.

I've gotten more mellow as to ATWT. I dont care as much anymore. You try to make your voice heard. And sometimes you are tired of it not being heard so you just give up. I've wanted Jean and Goutman out for a long time and nothing was ever done about it.

• Members

Y&R is in one hell of a holding pattern...my hope is that with the transition from JF to MAB on the 22nd that we'll finally get some effing movement in the show. Increased melodrama, increased darkness, increased JILL!

B&B has been entertaining me and the ratings generally reflect a steady show. It could certainly be better, but it isn't bad at all.

DAYS is a ho-hum show...not awful but not that good either.

GL & ATWT: Good for ATWT, sucks for GL. But is this really a surprise? Didn't think so.

ABCDaytime: I am speechless. This network is hitting the toilet and that son of a bitch Brian Frons still has a job. Does Iger give a sh*t? Does Anne Sweeney read the numbers or the press release? What the HELL is going on at ABC?! It's like they want their soaps to go to the bottom so that they can swiftly cancel them!

• Members

I doubt that we'll see ratings jump for Y&R so soon... Maria will need a lot of time to sort out (see: fire) more than half of the writing team and find the people that could help her do something good for the show. If you ask me, the show was fine during the first four months of the show, but things need to a change.

I'm sad about OLTL's ratings. It's true that Gary ruined most of the stories that Ron had planned, but let's hope the viewers will be able to recognize when Ron returns.

• Members

Point taken. I was never a Katie fan, but my interest in Brad now only consists of waiting him to be rid of his wife. Unfortunately, this is not the first time craptastic farce has overrun ATWT (hello...Cleo....) and with JP at the helm, it will always stink.

• Members

Surely its time to do away with households and just focus on total viewers? If this was sweeps, GL & AMC would be charging the same ad rates even though GL has 500 000 more viewers. So what if more single people watch AMC? Families shop for more quantity anyway, from an advertising/marketing point of view.

Archived