Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

Carrington was good. Kimberly Im gonna say was better than Eileen because Eileen was basically playing Ashley Abbott

For as much hell as Robin says SB was, she did give her all. Gotta give credit there

I feel they hired Michael as Ted to make him Hunky but Todd was sexy and he was great on B&B as well.

Edited by John

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I really thought Carrington Garland was such a perfect fit as Kelly.  I was so disappointed when they replaced her with Eileen Davidson who just was not a fit for that particular role. And remember the "lost Capwell child" Greg? One day he was there, and the next he was never mentioned again!

Edited by pdm1974

• Members

And Davies and McKee looked like brothers (even if technically half-siblings). I remember they traveled the world together when both left the show. I remember liking Ted giving Mason a noogie - as any brother would - around the time Mason was having a classic panic attack/rant prior to marrying Julia.

I liked Gordon Thomson's Mason, but I could never picture such a scene between him and Michael Brainard.

And UO time: I preferred Carrington Garland's Kelly to Robin Wright's. (Wright was good; I just preferred Carrington's take.)

'Tis true.

• Members

I have always been confused about Sophia's pre-SB timeline. 

In the early 1960s, she dated CC's brother, then Lionel, and then married CC in 1961 while pregnant with Channing/Brick.  I say 1961 because Channing was 18 at the time of his death in 1979.  They stay married for 7-8 more years while she had Eden, Kelly, and Ted. 

Then, does she restart the affair with Lionel after Ted was born?  That would be around 1968 if Ted was 16 in 1984 when the series premiered.  So, she falls off the Lockridge yacht in 1968, meets Count Armonti and his son and moves to Italy.  Then, she comes back in 1979 to shoot Channing (by mistake), goes back to Italy and then returns in 1984?

So did she have an affair with Lionel at two different times (before CC and after Ted's birth)?  And did she meet the Count in 1968 or after Channing's shooting in 1979?  Why was an internationally known actress like Sofia never recognized in Europe?

Also, isn't odd that the writers never explored a current Lionel/Sofia coupling considering how obsessed they were with each other in the past?  Sofia seemed to totally forget her passion for Lionel after she stopped cross-dressing as a drag king.

Finally, back to Ted, isn't odd that CC was so devoted to his children that demanded custody of Mason from Pamela, he never dated while a single parent, and he mostly worked from home, but he totally ignores Ted and never imposes the same expectations on to his youngest that he does with Mason and Eden, (fanfic, wouldn't it have been interesting if CC treated Ted differently because he thought that Lionel might be his real father)?  The whole issue of CC's single fatherhood was never mentioned even though it was remarkable for the time.  Nina and Palmer Courtland (AMC) discussed his role as a single father much more than CC and Eden ever did. 

Edited by j swift