Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think we'll ever know the whole story on that one. Robin Wright never had nearly as popular a pairing on SB after him. To those of you who watched the show originally, were Kelly and Jeffrey a big draw? I know Ross Kettle was on the show for a couple of years and got an Emmy nomination, but I just never really saw any sparks with those two. Still, he was light years better than the Hartley brothers.

• Members

Well, Joe's recasting and killing was just one of many changes made in the early days.

The Perkins family was eliminated, the Andrades as good as gone, recasts, changes in story etc

Was it NBC wanting immediate results from their investment?

Or the Dobsons being too panicky and /or mercurial with their creation?

Someone should write a book!

• Members

I never understood why they never gave Todd McKee more to do. He was handsome and could actually ACT, plus he had a natural easy chemistry with his screen partners. I especially loved the brotherly relationship Mason and Ted had under Davies and McKee. They balanced each other out very well. Mason was brooding and pessimistic, while Ted was easygoing and optimistic.

• Members

I caught up with SB when you could watch episodes on YT and I was always perplexed why Ted was always treated as an afterthought. McKee was sexy and talented. Why not give him more to do? As good as the show was, they never seemed to tell a compelling story that did not involve the Capwells in some way. I had also forgotten all of the sexual violence. Who was responsible for all that? Am I wrong or was nearly every female character raped at some point?