GL: Returns for the Holiday season!

• Members

Celebrating The Soaps -Under News Section

Maeve Kinkead (Vanessa Reardon, Guiding Light) returns for a few episodes to take a more active role in Dinah's life. Her first airdate back is December 16th.

Gil Rogers (Hawk Shayne, Guiding Light) returns to Springfield for Christmas starting December 22nd.

Terrell Anthony (Rusty Shayne, Guiding Light) also returns for Christmas beginning December 22nd.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It figures GL would do this. They are just throwing the audience a bone. How about signing Mr. Terrell Anthony(who is great as Rusty and hot) to a contract.

And also sign Mrs. Kinkead.

TPTB have no clue what their audience want. :rolleyes:

I will be watching just to see Terrell Anthony and then I am gone again along with him.

• Members

Dude..move on

Nothing is good enough for you. Dang, old characters have come back for these limited stints for longer then you have been around. ALL soaps do it. Worry about DOOL more, they are the ones closer to cancellation at the moment.

Glad to see some of these old favorites coming back for a visit! YAHOOO GL

• Members

Yay! So glad to see familiar faces returning.... even if briefly.

I'm just mystified why Reva's brother (Rusty) and sister (the forgotten Roxie) are virtually ignored. They could easily slip back into the groove of things. Grr. I still think back in 1996/1997 Roxie should of been brought into the fold, not Cassie...

And why on earth Maeve Kinkead can't return permanently puzzles me. We need a vet like her to anchor this show since GL doesn't seem to give a damn about Maureen Garrett, Peter Simon or the long gone Jerry ver Dorn!

• Members

Well as we all know I hate the way GL is written but I'm going to watch and enjoy these guest stints regardless.

You'll enjoy Hawk, KR. He's hillarious. I'd love for him to return permanently if GL ever wanted to bring back its elder characters. Its probably to much to ask for a Lillian/Hawk scene. (They were engaged)

Rusty has never been a favorite of mine but its always nice to see Reva with her real family.

And MK's Vanessa is always fabulous even when the writing isn't. I wish GL would do justice to Vanessa just once.

• Members

Not even close to neck and neck. DOOL could be out by next year. GL just moved into a new studio and CBS would not have moved them into a CBS owned studio if they were going to cancel them in a year. It would not have made fiscal sense.

but sense everythign is the "final nail" in GLs coffin, which has been going in the ground...oh for the last 10 years or so, have it your way!

• Members

"I still think back in 1996/1997 Roxie should of been brought into the fold, not Cassie..."

You ain't just whislin' Dixie my friend.

"How about signing Mr. Terrell Anthony(who is great as Rusty and hot) to a contract."

Uh. I disagree. How about begging and pleading with Peter Simon to come back as Ed first?

"Nothing is good enough for you. Dang, old characters have come back for these limited stints for longer then you have been around."

It makes it alot better if there's a core for these old characters to come back TO. I loved when Mindy and India came back a few years ago for the "Ex-Wives Club" and I even enjoyed Jean Carol's ghostly return as Nadine a few years ago, and we were knee-deep in Weston [!@#$%^&*] by that point. But we at least had some foundation left.

"Worry about DOOL more, they are the ones closer to cancellation at the moment."

I'm no fan of DOOL by any means, but they also have a five year or so contract, that is more than likely going to be followed until it ends in 2009. GL will last another two years, at the *maximum.* At least NBC announced replacements for their daytime division. MADD's position as Executive in Charge of Production at PGP was eliminated and several core characters were tossed off the ship. I'm just being a realist.

"Rumor has it that the Lewis family will be squabbling over the Jammy pairing."

Kreizman, can't you give us character-driven drama for the HOLIDAYS at least. For cryin' out loud! This is the one time per year for the viewers to settle down and be enveloped by the warmth of the show (or lack thereof now). I suppose nothing gives people more warmth over the holidays than a family orgy.

• Members

Sounds to me like CBS is putting themselves in charge of GL. Look how well Y&R and B&B do under CBS's leadership. the P&G shows have floundered. CBS is getting themselves more involved. Good for them.

NBC has not been a big supporter of its shows, cancels its shows and never backs them up. Tell me who you would be more worried about?

No core on GL?

I see Josh and Reva, Spauldings, Coopers....those are core to me. Sure, I want more Bauers and Marlers, but I can not have it all.

• Members

How is this not character-driven? Do you really think the Lewis/Shayne family aren't going to have some sort of reaction to cousins Tammy and Jonathon getting romantically involved? Two people are attracted to each other even though they have hurt each other emotionally in the past. This isn't unreal. And now they are finally going to say to hell with what everyone else thinks and they're getting together. Why is this not good enough? I suppose if this were happening to the Bauer family, it would be character-driven. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the show, the rich dialogue, the chemistry between the characters, and the beautiful in-depth musical montages. The powers-that-be at GL are putting on a great show. It's not as incredible as it was in 1997 when a whole new legion of GL fans flooded to the show, but it's still entertaining.

Archived