AMC Friday 2/15

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved the ending. Debbi Morgan is worth every penny they're paying her!

As a longtime Jack/Erica fan, I was glad to see them flirt and kiss, but Jack's jealousy toward Samuel seemed to come out of nowhere.

I couldn't sit through Ryan ranting about how Zach stole his life so I hit the ff button. I couldn't bear to watch much of the fashion show [!@#$%^&*], either.

• Members

I just watched the train scene on YouTube... I think the whole concept was "fate" stepping in. The whole Ross and Rachel thing of getting on the plane and then having to get off the plane "Did she get off the plane? Did she get off the plane?" "I got off the plane" predictability would've been a little too easy. But to have something neither of them anticipated bringing them back together makes it more "kismet" in a way. Despite Angie's efforts to catch him and seeming to have failed -- and despite Jesse's attempts to leave unnoticed and seeming to have succeeded... something greater than their efforts stepped in and brought them back together.

On a different note, I could only stand to watch that scene once. Debbi was brutally RAW in that scene and whooo, my GOD! It hit too close to home, she was so real. AMC's actors honestly need to take notes from this woman about committing and giving your all to a scene. Then again, Cameron worked with her on Soap Star for like three seasons, and still, all we get is :mellow:

• Members

Posters on another board were commenting on the hay that was in the train scenes. Some were saying that it was symbolism for needle in a haystack i.e. finding out that after 20 years, your loved one who you thought was dead, is actually alive. If the hay symbolism was done on purpose, I put money on the fact that B&E didn't think of it. I'm sure it was more Andrew Lee's directing.

• Members

I just finally got around to watching this episode late last night and let me tell you, WOW. I haven't been that captivated and emotional about a soap moment in a long long while. I started balling when Angie was running down the tracks screaming for Jesse. The emotion in Angie's face I mean you just connected with her and felt her joy, sorrow what have you. Debbi Morgan is love!

The rest of the show?

Meh.

• Members

That's where I lost it as well. THAT was a character driven moment even if it was inside of a recycled plot device (not even B&E's Rafe and Alison moment on Port Charles, but our own Cliff and Nina moment in the 80s as well). I have no trouble believing Angie would jump off the platform and start running down the tracks for Jesse -- whether he was dead or alive. Girlfriend was determined. I think the whole scene was acted and directed beautifully. Right down to Angie's slow, hearbroken walk back to the station.

Debbi Morgan is indeed love in my book. I feel about her now being back on AMC the way I felt in 2006 about Genie Francis' return to GH. The heart that's missing from this show is back. I'm not saying Debbi's the heart of AMC and it's been missing since she's left. I'm just saying Debbi represents when this show had heart. When we had fabulous actors and actresses on this show who created and portrayed layered characters telling rich and emotionally robust stories.

Just one question: Why was Angie at the train station? :unsure:

• Members

Thanks. I've been falling short on my commitment. I've said that out of loyalty to AMC and my often request for characters of color back on this show, that I would watch the Hubbards Storyline -- but between work and other activities, I haven't been able to keep up the last two weeks. And since YouTube doesn't have an avid "Tuber" like General Hospital does in CaziGirl or ATWT's Nuke does in LukeVanFan, I haven't been able to watch a lot of the scenes.

Archived