Days: Friday, Feb. 15

• Administrator

The screen fades to black but you hear the plane crashing........what a fantastic episode!!! Major kudos to Noel Maxam for directing and of course Ed Scott. Noel better get a Directors Guild nomination for this episode next year.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Superb. I had watched this online last night but it still hit me hard watching it live. The second time around and I am still on the edge of my seat watching this stuff :lol:. I so wanted to post my thoughts last night because this is fantastic! This post will be long but I had to type as I watched :lol:.

I love the close ups and sharp cuts, especially in the cockpit. Hell, the first thing you see when the episode begins is Abe's office and the camera just shoots up and gives you a close up on Abe's window, showing him on the phone.

It's just like a movie and right from the start of the episode you can tell this is not any ordinary episode. Major intensity and Shawn Sr's death scene wasn't over done. Just enough and stirring performances by MBE, KA, and Frank Parker. Loved his last line too about letting him go before the devil knew he is gone.

Martha was gut wrenching in that scene with Marlena, calling Claire her baby while Marlena calls Belle her baby.

That scene where they cover up Shawn is sad. The Belle/Marlena scenes rock and the cockpit scenes are well-done. Loved the close up on the oxygen clock too.

The scenes in Abe's office are good too. I love seeing their reactions as more news comes in. Peggy McKay is doing a nice job, as is everyone really.

That scene where they all realize they have no oxygen left was AWESOME!!

Belle crying, saying there has to be enough for Claire and Marlena saying Claire will never know what happened...she will just stay asleep. HEARTBREAKING. Hope watching everyone around her pass out (must be what Kristian talked about in the mags about Hope watching her loved ones in a situation like this). The music during that scene and then the camera panning around and showing the whole cabin...awesome. The cockpit stuff with Steve passing out...just amazing work all around.

Loved the scene with John getting the plane down and dumping the fuel (realistic gauges too).

Also loved that close up of Caroline in the window of Abe's office, crying, and how it faded into the plane scenes. Loved John calling Steve "deadeye" and him saying good to know when Marlena said she loved him :lol:. I just loved how the plane dropped when John dropped the flow. It was so realistic and it just turned downward and looked like it was actually a real plane dropping.

I also like how they all woke up gradually and Hope, the last one to pass out, was one of the first ones up. They way her and Philip kind of looked at each other and then around them was great. I like how alot of this is being shown from Hope's POV and the POV of others too as things progress. Everyone's reactions are great, especially after they all woke up. Right on par. The tension has been building all week and now with every scene in this episode it builds up more and more. Everything is just top notch.

The scenes in Abe's office really add to the tension, especially with everyone's reactions and getting all tense with each other.

Hearing Claire groaning and Belle comforting her was sad.

The shaking and jolting rocks and I can't say enough about the quick cuts, close ups, and music.

KA and MBE are rocking and I like the look of relief on Marlena's face when she saw Bo woke up. I know no one actually said anything about Shawn SR but Marlena clearly knows he is gone and you can see that Shawn knows something is wrong too as he keeps looking over.

The scene with Bo waking up and seeing Shawn Sr covered up, wanting to uncover him and seeing what is underneath is heartbreaking. You can see Peter loves Frank. His face just got all pale and his eyes filled with tears and seeing Hope and Kayla reacting to it...sad stuff. Reckell deserves more credit.

Peggy McKay broke my heart with her reaction when Abe said the plane was off radar. Good acting there.

Peter Reckell was very good learning Shawn Sr was dead. I can't say enough about him, KA, MBE, and FP the past two days.

Steve's line about cushioning the blow on impact was classic Steve :lol:. Between that and John calling him "deadeye," we have a comic duo here. Nice closeup on Steve when he said he loved his Sweetness too.

Loved the slow motion shot of Caroline sitting down in shock and worry. Seeing her with her rosary and all the reactions really added to the tension. I felt worried for everyone. I hate how Stephanie didn't even comfort Caroline, her grandma, like Chelsea did and like Max was but I guess she was just in shock.

Loved all the "I love you's" Marlena and Belle and their scenes rocked today. I loved seeing their bond and also seeing Bo, Hope, and Shane say their "I love you's. Kayla laying on her "pop's" chest. That ending was the best cliffhanger I have seen in years. The shaking, jolting, screaming, and then the screen goes black. Wow. Nadia did her best acting all week with her screaming :lol:. Must have let it all out on that one.

I guess Nadia's motion sickness drugs worked :lol:. Everyone looked freaked out the past two days, especially today. It really helped make their reactions realistic.

Even though I knew what was going to happen, I still was scared as hell for everyone and I was even hyperventilating. Just amazing direction and acting. Hell, the writing was even good.

Definitely an Emmy submission and definitely should win an Emmy for directing. Noel Maxam did a superb job today. I have never seen anything like this on soaps. I felt like I was at the movies. Superb and I can't wait for Monday.

• Members

I finally had some time to cool off and breathe after watching today. I just wanted to cry when Kayla was lying right beside her father. That face was just.... so sad beyond words. Now this is the stuff that I wanna see! I mean, todays episode was so good that my little Yorkie and Chihuahua wanted to go outside and pee. And I wasn't moving an inch, and neither were they until the show was over. :lol:

• Members

OMG!! Phenomenal episode.

I have not seen a DAYS episode this intensified in my entire life. Major kudos to the director and Ed Scott for shooting such a wonderful, edge-of-your-seat, realistic episode.

Is it just me, or did it seem like LOST all over again? It was terrific and very well done.

The acting, the directing, and yes, even the writing were all top-notch.

I certainly cannot wait for Monday... Lord, this is going to be a long weekend.

ETA: Those of you who have mentioned that it seemed like a movie... you all are truly correct.

WOW... That amazing cliffhanger.

• Members

Absolutely incredible episode today..I've been anxious to watch it all day, and it was well worth the wait..First off, Ed Scott is the best thing to happen to Days in years..He and his crew are just brilliant...

Action and stunt wise, this is the best I've ever seen on Days...If this had been Wyman it would have been dreadfully cheesy...Also, kudos as well to the cast for all their hard work...The filming of this week's episodes had to be very difficult and time consuming, but their hard work really paid off in the final product..Finally i must say that Frank Parker got one hell of an exit..I'm sure he was proud to be apart of such an amazing arc...

Archived