AMC: Friday, January 25, 2008

• Members

Great show on Friday. JESSE'S BACK!!

First of all I love how Opal has been making more appearances lately. It's so nice seeing backburned characters making small appearances every day or so. The scene with her bringing the picture of A/J to Frankie was such a nice touch.

Ahh It's so nice having Rebecca back. :wub:

I now officially do not like Amanda Baker as Babe. She's so dull and does not bring the same energy to the role that Alexa did.

The new hospital set looks so awesome. It's sleek and modern and the lighting crew did a great job with it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched a couple episodes this week because of Angie -- Hubbard that is, not the Zen Fan :P -- and I have to admit, Rebecca has been doing a good job. She's paying respect to the work Sabine did by doing her best to commit to the Aidan pairing and the Zach friendship -- It's just too bad Aiden Turner has no charisma. I was all set to hate Becky's Greenlee thanks to the tasteless Sabine/Real Greenlee scandal, but Rebecca's been low key and not in your face like "Yeah, bitch! I'm back and taking this character into a complete 180 direction! HA!" which is what I thought she would do.

But I think certain "hate" has nothing to do with Becky or the Real Greenlee ads -- it has to do with the fact that we're still stuck in July and view Greenlee as... what is it that we hear every third post? A Baby Maiming Bitch, is it? Yeah. I think that's where the hate's stemming from.

• Members

I totally agree with you. It's either that or people have just dislike the character (pre-Sabine), which is perfectly fine. But If anyone is seriously holding a grudge against Rebecca or Greenlee because of the way Rebecca's return was promoted, then IMO that is a pretty lame reasoning. But that's already been discussed.

:wub:

• Members

I was not a fan of AMC during Jesse & Angie's heyday, but I think they are going to be great for the show now. As for Colin's Josh, he's the reason I started watching AMC regularly. I met him last December and he made me an even bigger fan. Hopefully they pair Josh with Julia. I love Sydney Penny too.

• Members

The hospital scenes, *shudders* Totally SabineLee there....so much for the REAL Greenlee

Oh please don't presume to say people hold "grudges" or anything.

Oh yep that's where it's coming from ::sarcasm::

And you know what? If I choose to continue to call her that, then I will. Just like people STILL call Babe a kidnapper, Tad a murderer/torturer and Josh an unaborted fetus

But at least Babe's crimes weren't completely whitewashed and rewritten to fit the recast(or a returning actress).......

It's MY perrogative if I dislike Rebecca, and that has to do with herself and nothing to do with Sabine or anyone. I don't care much for Alexa Havins either.......

WORD!

• Members

I'll go on the record as saying I suspect the "Crash" rewrite was a direct result of 1) ABCD's luring back RB, and 2) AMC's desire to pretend Sabine's tenure on the show, regardless of whether or not she had acquired any fans, had never happened. If Spike was going deaf anyway, then what was the point of the accident? Again, seems to me B&E might've had some plans for how the crash would've affected all those concerned (say what you will about them, but B&E do, for the most part, pay-off their stories) but all the backstage changes forced the two to scrap them.

No proof, mind you - except, the timing of the two (the rewrite, and the news of RB's return) seemed a little too coincidental for me.

• Members

Also, do I hate Rebecca Budig? No, I hate Greenlee. There's a difference. One, I don't know Ms. Budig; and two, she's too bland as an actress for me to be get that riled up with her. Greenlee, OTOH, is sometimes written as if she's the next Erica, but (IMO) she's far too one-dimensional for that.

Archived