AMC: Wednesday, January 23 Discussion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

(re Aiden) Love ya and love Mr Turner but I think that's more cuz of the women... Amanda, and Di to a lesser extent (who was my fave with Aiden) worked/work with nearly everyone yet they never explore it further. I actually didn't mind hiim with "Maureen" but that was ages back and was such a botched story...

• Members

Yeah what a waste that was. They never really had a "story" though. It was just like Aidan and Anita and Aidan and Erin. Pair up two characters on the backburner to make people think they are being uitlized. Didn't fly. The firing of Kelli Gissih, except for the Cady McClain debalce, was the worst casting move on this show in many years. Why didn't this girl get a LEADING STORY. She carried All My Children in 2005 when the show was a friggin piece of crap.

I still am bitter. Di and Josh could have worked, I just miss my beloved Di :(

• Members

Yes Kelli did carry the show. It started to fall apart after the baby switch was over but when she came on as Di(xie), she was a breath of fresh air and the reason to watch. She was frontburner and had lead actress potential. Its a shame what they did with her

• Members

IMO, what hurt Kelli Giddish's viability (sp?) was the insinuation that she was, indeed, Dixie. I don't know if Megan McTavish ever intended to make that "stick," but once there was viewer outcry over it, and the show quickly revealed she wasn't, Di seemed to fade, for lack of a better word, into the proverbial woodwork.

• Members

I agree Cheap (see we disagree on Sam but we agree on Kelli ;))....I really did like the "Is Di Dixie?" story since it was significant in 2005 and affected so many characters. When she confessed to being Di and the whole scheme, it was like I could feel JR's heart just break all over again.

I was hoping the real Dixie's return would be just as thrilling and gripping but, of course, it tanked.

Archived