2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't know that Christian McLaughlin's stint on B&B was short or that he was fired. But I just found some odd information on him in Wikipedia. I have no idea if it's true. It claims he did an internship at Y&R in '89, that he had a feud with Beth Maitland, and that he's friends with Michael Minnis.

• Members

I don't know whether this "mystery" has been solved already, but I think I've uncovered who recent Y&R writing staff addition Jay Gibson actually is.

From http://youngstorytellers.com/?id=27 :

Jay Gibson

Jay co-founded the Young Storytellers Foundation, and served as its first president from 2003-2006. He most recently served as the Executive Director of P.S. Arts. A director and screenwriter, and graduate of Brown University, Jay has worked in production on films including Dead Poets Society, Greencard, and Pretty Woman. Jay has also directed a series of short films for Tree Media Group, and a documentary used to raise millions of dollars for the Challengers Boys and Girls Club of Los Angeles.

BTW, P.S. Arts, which JG is involved with, got a shout-out in Y&R's closing credits (on SoapNet) for supplying some of the artwork for the gala.

• Members

I'm so p!ssed at Dena and other scab, I seriously wish for Bernard Lechowick and Karen Harris (if this is the right Karen) to clean the mess and bring them to justice. Someone must pay for scabbing and all the other abominable stuff that happened during the strike.

Archived