2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Toups, you're recently updated archives of Y&R state that Lisa Seidman wrote the script for the July 24 episode. Isn't she a breakdown writer? She wrote breakdowns for three episodes prior to this one.

• Administrator

Yeah, I'm gonna edit that. I'm gonna put a W beside her name instead of BDW or SW and see how she's listed next time. I originally thought she wrote the script because there's no SW underneath her, meaning Hogan or Marla wrote the breakdown and of course there's no way of knowing which one wrote it. Same with Monday's US episode. Was it a Hogan or Marla breakdown? Back to Lisa. Next time she's credited, if there's someone underneath her, I'll change the July 24 episode to BDW; if there's someone above her, I'll change it to SW. *sigh* Why can't these credits be much easier?

• Members

Well, we can't be forced to discuss about other shows when there's currently nothing to discuss about, right?

While on the subject, who decides if a writer passes the trial period? Is it the head writer? Because keeping Seidman could be Maria's decision.

• Members

And look how well all of Maria's decisions regarding her writing staff have turned out. <_<

Seriously, Y&R won't improve until they get a REAL HW in there....

And the fact that they switched Seidman to writing scrips tells me they hated her breakdowns like I did. However, they should've just let her go after her trial run....

Oh Maria.....will she ever learn? Everyone she hires on a trial basis ends up being hired permanently.

Archived