2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Change of topic: I'm not a regular DOOL watcher, I "check in" now and then to see what's going on, but today I had it on during lunch and I have to say I was truly SHOCKED how bad the dialogue was! Was this an aberration or is it the norm? One creaky cliche after another. If I had friends who talked that way I'd get new friends. No matter what you might think of Hogan's era, at least he had the good sense to get fabulously talented scriptwriters. They fired Bettina Bradbury and Judy Donato (two of the best in the business) for THIS? Sad.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yeah, I feel bad for Renee, Jodie and Cydney. They don't get to write memorable scenes anymore like they did during Hogan's last few months. No more scenes like Philip in the church, Marlena threatning Stefano, John/Marlena in the hospital room after finding John alive, Marlena talking about her patient, the Dimera family dinner.....just to name a few. We just don't get those quality scenes anymore. :(

• Members

Maybe it's because they're matched up with horrible breakdowns?

Even then, the drop in quality dialogue is very noticeable on DAYS. I don't think it has anything to do with "memorable scenes." The script writers on GH have to write dialogue to crappy scenes all the time and they do a MUCH better than anyone at DAYS or any other soap for that matter.

Archived