2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

What if we created a silly Awards for writing.......maybe....The Toups Awards or something. :lol::P It could like for Best Dramatic Scene, Best/Worst Script, Best/Worst Breakdown (well for the shows that still have them), Funniest Scenes, Best Storyline, etc. We the members of the Directors and Writers thread would come up with the nominations, and you would have to provide clips so we can then watch and vote on. LOL

Yeah, good idea. I'd probably do that.

I'd volunteer to do it!! Just give me the rules and I'll make sure people are eligible! It can't be that hard.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Her last ATWT was on September 18, 2007. Her first OLTL episode was on December 11, 2007.

What was the eligibilty period? I'll do the math.

She was on the nominations list.

Ron Carlivati, Head Writer

Dena Higley, Head Writer

Shelly Altman, Associate Head Writer

Victor Gialanella, Associate Head Writer

Janet Iacobuzio, Associate Head Writer

Chris Van Etten, Associate Head Writer

Anna Theresa Cascio, Writer

Mark Christopher, Writer

Aida Croal, Writer

Carolyn Culliton, Writer

Michelle Poteet Lisanti, Writer

Fran Myers, Writer

Leslie Nipkow, Writer

Elizabeth Page, Writer

• Members

If I remember correctly (you might want to check with the Academy - I think they're natas.org, or emmyonline.com, or something like that), you have to be credited for a minimum of 19% of the episodes, from the calendar year: 1/1-12/31.

So at 250 episodes a year (approximately), you have to be in the credits for (approximately) 48 episodes. Or eight and a half weeks.

FYI, we're talking about AIRED shows here, not what episodes were written during the year, but not aired until January/February.

• Administrator

Total 2007 OLTL episodes: 255

Anna's first episode was on December 11, so from that time to December 31, she was credited for: 14

So Anna won an Emmy for being in %5 of the episodes, 14% less than minimum.

And that got by the Emmy people. :blink:

• Members

Why is this causing so much drama? I thought this always happened -- writers who were on staff during the eligibility period win an Emmy by association. Do we need to drudge up that pic of McTavish grinning like the Cheshire Cat along with the rest of the General Hospital writing team -- even though they won, basically, because of the Guza & Pratt-written material?

• Members

Yeah, even though Ron won with his episodes, Dena gets an Emmy for being there six months.

Same with McTavish at GH.

And the only drama is here on SON. :lol: :lol: I'm sure nobody has the time or energy to actually do anything about this, least of all the Academy. We saw how well they care about everything else associated with the Emmys. :lol: :lol:

• Administrator

I just got conflicting information on "Cherie Bennett & Jeff Gottesfeld OUT" so I'm gonna have to retract that. I'm so sorry about being premature (I hope not to say that too often!). My apologies, guys!

• Administrator

You could assume anything you want.

I'm gonna hold on that for a while. I have to play it safe. I don't want another case of being premature or else I'm gonna start being known as the guys who's always premature and I'm sure no guy wants that reputation. ;):lol:

• Members

Wait, was Anna in the photo of the writers with their Emmy's? If so, then this whole thing reeks of misconduct.

If she wasn't there to accept the award, maybe it was an honest mistake with her name being included?

Still, there's rules, and she should not have been apart of the winning team.

Archived