2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like THIS is the sneakiest stunt ever pulled off in daytime?

SOOO not worth thinking twice about. I don't think we want to be "The Fans Who Took Back an Emmy"

Although it does crack me up that Toups' archive... AND ONLY TOUPS' ARCHIVE... is the smoking gun. Well played. :lol: :lol:

• Members

It could be though, that she went uncredited during the eligibility period. It has happened at All My Children during the years when Agnes Nixon was executive head writer and never credited (I believe when Lorraine Broderick was head writer), yet Agnes was able to take home an Emmy.

There are shows on TV that don't list credits at all, like sports TV for example, yet of course there is a producer, director, etc. These shows compete for Emmys too.

• Administrator

It's certainly not, but I'm the one who's documenting all this information for the database and I like to be as accurate as possible. So I do have to think about it. When's there's conflicting information, it drives me nuts.

Anna will hate me forever. :(

Yeah, when I was about to add "Daytime Emmy WIN (2008; Best Writing; One Life to Live)" to Anna's profile, I was like, "Wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense."

• Members

Emmy's have been revoked before, usually because of voting irregularities that were later exposed.

I remember hearing that one year in the 80's, Y&R won the Writing Emmy at the ceremony, but it was later revealed that GL (then headed by Pam Long) had actually won and Y&R had to give the Emmy back.

It may not be the biggest scam in daytime, but it's unfair and there's a reason why there's rules for these things. Seeing Anna up there accepting that award just pisses me off and rubs me the wrong way, because Gary and Fran should be there too then.

• Members

Why the feelings of guilt for possibly taking Ms. Cascio's Emmy away? She is well aware that she was apart of OLTL for a whopping three weeks during the eligibility period. I don't know what the hell she's thinking, accepting an Emmy and smiling on stage when she knows that she didn't do jack [!@#$%^&*] during the eligibility period. If she loses her Emmy, it would be deserved. You'd think her conscious would kick in: "Wait! Just a minute! I shouldn't be getting this!" but apparently it didn't as she was booking her trip to L.A., picking up her dress, and walking up on stage with the writers that actually worked during the year.

(FYI: Something similar happened at the Primetime Emmy Awards. In 2000, Henry Winkler was nominated for an Emmy for a guest appearance on Battery Park. The ballot listed the appearance as airing in April, when it actually aired in June. The Academy found out, stripped his nomination, and awarded #6 vote-getter William H. Macy the fifth nomination slot).

Anna went from ATWT straight to OLTL, so I doubt it. As the credited creator of AMC, Agnes didn't need to contracted in order to work on the show so she didn't tie herself down to one. But she was involved. Anna is in a different situation. She didn't walk to OLTL and say "Oh! I'll just write for a couple of months but you don't have to credit me!" LOL.

• Administrator

I highly doubt Anna went uncredited. She went straight from ATWT to OLTL and there's no way she went uncredited for 2 months (for her to have at least %19 of episodes) at OLTL.

The "Toupsies"?? LMAO!! kidding!! :lol:

Wow, that's gotta hurt. I never knew that.

Fran could've been there if she wanted to since she was on the ballot.

Gary and Jeanne Ford were credited before Anna and yet they weren't on the ballot. It's such a scam!

Archived