October 15-19, 2007

Toups

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm no expert on the ratings...but I believe that the numbers are rounded up when they are tabulated, they may be a little off because of it.

I hope that makes sense and that I have explained it correctly. It doesn't take much to confuse me though. :P

• Members

If I thought this meant the imminent demise of the Brian Frons regime, I'd be salivating over ABC's bad ratings. But no, it's going to get a lot worse before the Mouse intervenes. And I fear the show that's shown the most effort to improve will be the first casualty.

• Members

But the fires didn't start until the weekend of the start of this week did they? If so, then it wouldn't affect the ratings until next week.

I know the only thing OLTL-wise that was pre-empted this week for the fire coverage was the previews and closing credits, which were replaced with an extended ABC News Brief a couple of days.

• Members

I'm curious about something...now keep in mind that I watch OLTL, but I wonder if ATWT is at #3 because it is getting better or because several of the soaps above it have dropped. Again, I have no idea, but it's just something I have been thinking about.

• Members

OLTL deserves higher ratings that what it is getting right now. It is so much better then it has been in a long time.

But at least there is one ray of hope in this....at least it's not just OLTL that has been going down in the ratings, but instead afftecting all three ABC soaps. Also, it is still ahead of AMC. Now I just keep waiting for the day it passes GH and stays there for awhile.

• Members

I think it's a combination because it has risen, but the others have also fallen. E.g., here, AMC and GH aren't in competition w/ ATWT, but they've been falling, so the viewers didn't shift to ATWT, they just shifted away from AMC and GH.

Archived