October 15-19, 2007

Toups

• Members

Looking at those ratings I really don't see that much of a difference between ATWT and GH. Theres a very small margin between the two.

Every soap has its ups and downs. I like GH right now to be honest and I don't think its going to tank or anything. However I won't deny that these ratings aren't good. It should be dominating ATWT.

I mean when I look up there I see 2.3 for both soaps.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just noticed that Days is thisclose to beating AMC in households. If they can continue to build on their ratings, AMC could be close to last place next week. I think Frons really made the right decision in hiring B&E instead of Alden. Alden went to B&B and that show is doing so badly (slight sarcasm) and AMC is doing so well right now (huge sarcasm). Way to go Frons!!! Continue to run ABC daytime into the ground! :angry:

I just wonder if B&E are really that bad of writers or if it is Frons who is pushing the storylines/characters? Maybe it is Carruthers? Changes need to be made for the better and soon.

• Members

OLTL's just not doing it for me right now either. It is for others so I guess that works. The couples and characters I like are on prop duty now and have been for a while. They propped Antonio for months and now they prop Jared. So I guess it's just my turn to not watch a lot.

I think GH screwed up with Scrubs. I also liked Maxie and Coop and Lulu and Logan. So I'm disappointed. Spinnelli has become "the annoying one" to me.

• Members

In your opinion right?

Like none of the other shows are "tanking"...

Umm Days anyone? ATWT? GL?

For all this talk about GH tanking it still basically tied with ATWT last week. Its still the #3 soap in the country right now IMO. Really #2 when you consider B&B hasn't changed one iota in over 5 years. Still the same crap going on day to day.

Wait you mean to tell me Brooke Logan is about to have ANOTHER child!? Oh my...and this time its not even in her belly? And she didn't have to seduce anyone? Oh wait you mean to tell me that the horny old bastard Eric Forrester is lusting after another barely legal Logan Vixen? Is Ridge still obsessed with Brooke after all these years (and raping her as well). Stephanie still the bitter and cold woman we've seen all these years? Yeah I've ceased to stop thinking of B&B as doing anything original or even remotely interesting. Its quite funny to see it doing so well considering its fallen into the abyss alongside GL when it comes to storylines.

Like I said before I'm not at all worried about GH and your attempts to make it seem like its some kinda catastrophe or in some immediate danger of being cancelled are a lil premature IMO.

But what do I know? I'm not working at ABC Daytime. Perhaps you're right and Guza is crapping all over himself this week.

Chances are hes not though.

• Members

Never given an explanation 20 years ago? I doubt Douglas Marland would have let a medical story go on without tangible details. It's a rewrite. It's also the only way for Meg to continue oscillating between Paul and Craig in Passanante's Bizarro Oakdale. TPTB had better limit that lame plot's airtime if they want to build on the ratings surge.

• Members

Yes, General Hospital is tanking and so is the rest of daytime.....

All of the ABC soaps should be ashamed of the ratings they are getting... for one reason...

1) they are all shown at the same time slot in most markets and are shown in the major markets....

Who is the real winner????? Guiding Light....Why??

They have the most awful time slot in some regions (9AM or 10AM) and GL is not shown in all major markets and it manages a 1.9 while General Hospital gets a 2.3??? GL is only 361,000 total viewers behind General Hospital... General Hospital is tanking...yes they are!!! Wake Up...

• Members

So you admit that the entire world of Daytime is "tanking" yet for some odd reason people seem intent on focusing on GH and ABCD at large as "tanking" worse or something? At least this week it seems to be the general "focus" of the thread.

I mean if thats your cup of tea then fine but it couldn't be further from the truth. Regardless of whether I not GH qualifies as "tanking" its still doing better than most of the other soaps out there both in terms of ratings and and quality.

Archived