October 15-19, 2007

Toups

• Members

Interesting to see if the CBS soaps gets a bump or not.......

Posted from TV Week by James Hibberd

Modest ‘Price’ Bump for Drew Carey

And the actual retail value of changing your morning game show host is …

About a 10 percent ratings bump.

Drew Carey’s debut week hosting CBS’ classic game show “The Price Is Right” resulted in slightly better numbers than last year with Bob Barker at the microphone.

“Price” averaged 5.4 million viewers for the week of Oct. 15-21, matching the “Price” average from Oct. 16-22 in 2006. Among adults 18 to 49, Carey garnered a modest bump—up 10 percent to a 1.1. For daytime shows, networks typically target women 25 to 54, which also saw a slight increase for Carey—up 7 percent to a 1.6 rating.

Because of the host changing of the guard, “Price” started about a month late this season. If Carey’s first week in October is compared to Barker’s first week in September '06, there are still gains for Carey—up 7 percent among women 25 to 54, 8 percent among total viewers and 22 percent among adults 18 to 49.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In most markets, "Price Is Right" airs 11am EST with Y&R at 12:30, B&B at 1:30, ATWT 2 and GL 3. But in some of the biggest market, GL airs 9 or 10am right before "Price Is Right" or B&B airs 11am with "Price Is Right" leading into the show. IMO I think ATWT will be least impacted from "Price" surging ratings due to their time slots.

• Members

New lows for GH! Suck it Guza/Frons/JFP!! You're misguided views on what the fans want is causing more and more to tune out. I only feel bad for OLTL, which is really doing so good right now. They deserve to be the #1 rated soap on ABC.

*does crotch chop* >--X--< >--X--< >--X--<

:D

Congrats to days for gaining over 200,000 viewers. Hopefully they can sustain and gain more over the coming months.

• Members

OLTL on its own can't do much when the two shows bookending it are tanking fast and furious. ABC may just be losing that loyal all-ABC daytime viewer finally. OLTL is the most recognizable of the three, but that is only due to Carlivati's recent efforts, and it is still not saying much. I barely recognize anyone on AMC anymore, and haven't even tried GH. With as recently and as little as I watch them, I recognize more on ATWT or Y and R.

Archived