MTV's Video Music Awards

Ryan

• Members

Wow I just watched Brits performance on mtv.com, she was a hot mess and diddy looked bored watching her performance, chris brown looked like he was glad it was over, and 50 cent looked confused as he watched. I always gave brit props for have great stage performances, but never liked her music because she can't sing, but dang that performance was awful. :lol: She was so stiff and looked disoriented.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Britney looked so lost and confused...high and medicated...fat and lazy. Haha - it was sooo fun to watch!

The rest of the show SUCKED. Too many shitty graphics, too much random music, too much of everything.

Justin is semi-right in that MTV should play more music videos....BUT he was a prick for saying that MTV needs to stop reality shows just as The Hills girls gave him his award! Geez!

Finally - did you all see the preview to that Tila Tequila bisexual dating reality show??? Haha - it looks a lot like the Flavor of Love franchise...so finally MTV is getting on that train. It looked really good and full of crazy drama.

• Members

supposedly Brittney heard that Sarah Silverman was going to talk about her and her kids in her monlogue right before she went on stage. Also, they had to cut the performance that her and Criss Angel developed due to insurance reasons the last minute, so I think these things made her performance not that great

• Members

Goodness, and the excuses start to come out.

As for Sarah Silverman, MTV knew what they were getting into... so they should have laid down the law way before today.

Brittany should have just canceled the performance if she was that devastated, really... it would have been better than the mess she put on stage. And her kids, if she was that concerned with what people say, she wouldn't be doing half of the mess that she does. Be a good example Brittany, if you want your kids to be proud of you!

And for her performance change, why would they wait until the last minute for insurance... and not warn her to come up with something decent beforehand to cover it? I know MTV can be flaky at moments, but when it comes to things like the VMAs they aren't that goofy and lazy.

• Members

Britney was awful!

Perhaps the worst musical performance I've seen on an awards show for some time. :lol:

The new single is dreadful: if that's the best song on the CD, god knows how bad the rest of it will be. :rolleyes:

Does anyone care about Britney? She didn't have that much talent to start with, Christina and Justin were always better singers.

• Members

LOL....I was working Sunday so I totally missed the first 30 mins and Brittney's "comeback" which I guess isn't going to be a comeback after reading all the posts....

The rest of the show was what I expected it to be. I mean come on its not like MTV is showing the Emmys or something. I don't expect much from the VMA's and they usually turn out okay.

Plus I COMPLETELY disagree with the "Best Collaboration" Award. Sorry Beyonce & Shakira but you know damn well that Akon feat Eminem or JT feat Timbaland should have won!

As for reality on MTV all I need is Newport Harbor, The Real World (Current season is probably the best one in like 5 seasons!), and The Hills.

Can someone post the video of her performance on this website or would MTV have a stroke and sue the owner?

• Members

It was obvious that Britney was nervous as hell getting back up in front of millions of viewers and her fellow musicians after all that's gone down. Especially since people haven't shut up about it since the news broke that she was appearing. The pressure was high.

Second of all, she is not freakin fat. She had two kids, and frankly after two births, she looks great. Does she have the rock hard abs that she was once famous for? No, but you know what? Who cares.

Not liking the performance is one thing. It was disappointing, but it doesnt change the fact that the song is good. But to bash a girl for her weight, when in fact she looks healthy (novel concept, not having the coke whore LiLo look huh?) is ridiculous, and anyone who does should be ashamed of themselves.

Sorry, I'm staying out of this thread now, because the venom in here is beyond despicable.

Archived