MTV's Video Music Awards

Ryan

• Members

I don't think Britney looked fat, after two kids I would be happy to look like her. However, she needs a better stylist because her outfit did nothing for her. It was tacky and classless. Even though I don't like her music she has a good stage presence. It seemed lost last night. Her confidence seems gone. Before she made her comeback, she should have built her confidence up because lets admit, it's taken a hell of a beating. Now, it's taken more of a beating. I wish her luck.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Justin has always been a prick and I pretty much hate him more than I do AMC's Ryan....the guy is nothing more than a wannabe Michael Jackson, BSB, and Usher all rolled up into one little mr. pixie fruit tart. He dances like MJ and USher combined, sings like BSB who were famous before him, and his voice is just plain bad....like a dead cow being milked. All the time in interviews he is either snotty or rude, usually both, and is a stuck up pansy who now thinks he is in "the hood" because he speak in bad ebonics. Someone needs to ship him and the other trash back to Tennessee so he can go expose more boobies down there the way he did JJ.

If he thinks he can dance, well I hate to break it to him but his dance moves do not even compare to mine and mine are all original, not from Usher or Michael Jackson....and I hate that he is trying to be like Usher. There is only ONE Usher and no matter how hard JT tries, on his best day he can't cut it.

In the meantime, how did someone as talentless and stupid as JT win four awards? That is like Cameron Mathison winning four Emmys in a row....oh wait his beloved fanbase has to vote for him a million times. Yes we get it you are too blinded by his music that you overlook quality and make sure baby boy Justin is not hurt by losing so hence he has to win. So stupid

Glad that Beyonce won...now she has a voice and dance moves, not to mention she is not stuck up and egocentric like JT

• Members

I agree that Christina is a better singer but disagree that Justin is better....I have heard Britney sing live in concert having been to two of them and she sounds much different there than on her CDs....and she has a truly good voice but not as powerful as Christina. Britney is also an original and does not carbon copy other people like JT has (Michael Jackson, Usher, Backstreet Boys)

The performance was horrible, yes, but I think all performers are allowed to have one bad performance in their life.

• Members

And if Britney didn't put in those hair extensions, she would have looked EXACTLY the same!

I don't remember verbatim, but he said something stupid about how great music was right now after winning an award. The ride of fame may be great for him, but is music so great in 2007? I think not.

• Members

Madonna was still a little more covered up than Britney was and Madonna has amazing abs in the picture.

I'm not going to repeat what everyone has said about her performance. I think we all know it was bad and will probably never know the real reason why she it was so awful. Seriously I could have done a better job. We all know she can dance so I don't understand why she was so timid and unsure of herself. The song was pefect for her and it's not like the moves were too complicated. This was her big chance to redeem herself and she blew it. Such a shame, I wish her well.

• Members

Here is the NY Posts account of events leading up to the disaster...

- On Saturday, the day before the VMAs, Spears was scheduled to arrive at rehearsal at around 1 p.m. Our spy said, “She didn’t even get to Las Vegas until 4:30 p.m. It was ridiculous . . . The production people at MTV were freaking out . . . Nobody can tell Britney what to do anymore. No one can control her. She is a mess.”

- When she arrived in Vegas, Spears didn’t go straight to rehearsals. “She went to her hotel room and ordered a bunch of food and some frozen margaritas,” the spy said. “She came down, like, an hour later with a frozen margarita in her hand.”

- “The dance number was spectacular - without her,” said our spy at rehearsal. “When the stand-in was rehearsing with the dancers, in the hours they were all waiting for her, it was amazing. Then Britney showed up and refused to do anything. The dancers were supposed to lift and twirl her in the air a few times, and that just wasn’t going to happen. The more complicated dance moves had to be erased because she couldn’t do them.”

- “The dancers were texting pals, asking them to pray for them. They were worried.”

- “MTV wanted her to wear a corset outfit. It would have looked great and covered a lot of things up, but she hated it and didn’t think it was sexy enough.”

• Members

As if I couldn't feel more disgusted with her and the whole hype surrounding her "performance". I feel so bad for the backups....they did seem to be trying to so hard for her. I don't know...I jus think at one point I would have just said "f*ck it if the MAIN STAR isn't going to even give even the tiniest bit of effor then why the hell am I here!?" and just walked out on Britney. That AOL video just looks so awful.

I missed the VH1 special on her tonight though due to work. If anyone saw it please let me know if it was interesting or good.

• Members

It all went downhill when she married K-Fed! However, she must be doing something right because after so many years, we're still talking about her. Either good or bad, she's still all over the place. I haven't heard X-tina being mentioned in i don't know how long but I can't turn on a TV without hearing about miss Spears.

Archived