DAYS: How do everyone feel about Stefano's return so far?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know many people are disappoined, but I'm one of the few who have enjoyed his return mostly because I've seen sides of Stefano that I've never seen. Shocked and surprised that I could feel sorry for him when he was visited by his dear "papa". JM was so great in that scene, I don't think any scene he's done for the past 10 years could compare, but that's just my opinion.

• Members

Hopefully the "Queen Of The Night" can die off. If he wants Marlena, I hope they go back to how it was befor all that gothic JER mess got in the way.

His return is ok so far, but I now feel that, with ES on board, HS will be able to write Stefano the way he wants to. KC has stuck his damn nose in his writing way too much for my taste, and I hope that will change.

• Members

I don't like how Stefano's history with John and Marlena has pretty much been ignored, however, the rest of it I like.

I enjoy Stefano's vulnerability this time around especially in that scene he had where Santo visited him and I like trying to figure out who he has an allegiance to in his family as it seems to change every day, I just wish I could trust these plot twists are the result of some greater Stefano chess match happening rather than just indecision and fickleness by the writers.

• Members

This is the first time I've seen Stefano portrayed as something close to human -- and I like it. The last time the character was on Days, I was hoping that he'd be killed off, never to be seen again. I was so sick of him being portrayed as this omnipotent being. I couldn't relate to him on any level as a character. Now I see him as human. Not a good man, but at least someone I can understand on a human level. I like Stefano even though I know he's still a nasty man. Watching him torment the Bradys doesn't bother me one iota anymore. I've become more sympathetic to the character. Joe M. has given some amazing performances lately and his interaction with Thaao and James is a treat to watch. The DiMera story needs to be strengthened and more fleshed out, but I do not want Stefano going anywhere anytime soon.

• Members

I wish they had Stefano having more interaction with Lexie and Celeste. I think having the DiMera family as a united front against the Brady's and Horton's would be so much more entertaining. I can count on one hand on how many scene's the entire DiMera family has been in a scene together. I am going to reserve my final analysis until Ed Scott's true vision starts to become evident.

• Members

I think that may be more to do with whatever is going on BTS instead of the writing. Something must be happening with Drake, so that's why he isn't being used at all.

But, I must say this. It still says that there is a MAJOR problem with Days. And we see it clearly in this area. Marlena is a singular character, and Dee isn't being written for at all. Now, if Drake is the problem, handle it. But, when you write for a couple instead of individual charaters, this is the problem you'll run into.

Hogan needs to do this alot more, especially with her. This makes no sense. I love his writing on average, but he needs to sepearte the characters alot more and have them be individuals again. When he can succeed in that, Days will be can't-miss television, basicaly like it's been the last two weeks.

Only time and good decision making will tell.

• Members

He's returned? I keep seeing Joe Mascolo and waiting for Stefano. Joe is fantastic, but Stefano's not interracting with (besides Andre/Tony) any of the people he shared storylines with the last 20 years or so.

I know, it doesn't feel like we're seeing Stefano. I keep feeling like "Oh, there's Joe Mascolo". They focused so many years where Stefano was obsessed with Marlena mainly, John second and to not even have him mention her, but rather tell EJ to KILL HER is just... it's not Stefano.

• Members

He's been pretty good, due to us seeing a side of Stefano we haven't seen before, but some things I have problems with.

He has some scenes with Bo, alot. But not the right scenes, I think. Why has Stefano's "golden girl" NOT been mentioned? That was why he was always after Bo and Hope, he thinks they killed Megan!

The John stuff is a mess. Because no one really knows why he is after him.....he needs scenes with him, but this is a Brady/DiMera feud. Marlena should definately be involved due to her history, but unless John is a Brady he doesn't have too much of a place in the feud.

Archived