DAYS: How do everyone feel about Stefano's return so far?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just love JM and having his face on the screen, seeing and hearing him is enough for me. I couldn't care less except that he is there in all his wonderful glory :) It would be nice to get over this current storyline and see him in a more realistic story where he is enjoying the good life and Marlena becomes a part of it.

• Members

1.) He has layers again.

2.) He isn't a cartoon villain.

3.) His interactions with TP and JS, as well as many other cast members, is superb.

4.) His scenes with Santo was the best acting of his career IMO.

5.) The "Queen of the Night" stuff, while enjoyable, is gone. Marlena should be interacting with him like she did in the 80's but I don't want any of that JER stuff. That was too much.

All in all, 8/10. Could be better but could be worse and Stefano is a realistic character again and that is the bulk of what I wanted when Joe returned so I am satisfied pretty much. My hope is his story will only get better with the recent changes and those upcoming.

As for the John as the Santeen love child idea, love it!! Makes perfect sense. Doubt it will happen though.

• Members

Oh god, no, don't misunderstand. I do NOT want the QOTN story back, I want the relationship between them that began in the 80s and thrived in the 90s. I want his commitment to making Marlena his wife. I'd love for him to threaten to kill John, setting in motion accidents that he barely escapes and force Marlena to marry him to make them stop.

• Members

There has been some great stuff from Joe this time around, but his lame interactions (and lack-there-of) with John and Marlena (he had better ones with ROMAN at Doug's Place) is inexcusable. There are about 13 characters currently on canvas who should be most effected by Stefano. Roman, John, Steve, Marlena, Kayla, Celeste, Lexie, Benjy, EJ, Tony, Anna, Bo, Hope. And yet, half of these folks are not given half the material they've earned.

• Members

From what I've seen of Stefano's return, I have been kinda disappointed. I love the added layers, and the humanity that's been given to Stefano, but during this process, something has been lost. Don't get me wrong, all the above is great, but it doesn't really feel like the Stefano that I know.

This is compounded by the poor writing. For example, Stefano's interaction with Kate. Kate pays Stefano a visit to see how he's doing, because she's concerned. Since when? This isn't the Kate/Stefano relationship of the past years. Kate has never considered him a friend, and has never gone to him for favours (except when she was a call girl). In fact, their interaction during Stefano's previous years was next to none, and now we're meant to believe that she cares about him!? Whatever.

And his treatment of Lexie when she refused to donate a part of her Liver(?) to be tested, felt real, yet unlikely. Stefano dismissed Lexie like yesterday's trash, something that I felt didn't quite fit with their relationship, IMO. He just didn't care.

Now that sounds awesome. I would actually have liked to see this scenario play out, instead of what we're getting now. It's pretty telling when someone who's not really a John fan can come with a plausible, realistic story for the main characters, when the actual writers can't.

• Members

No. It has NEVER EVER EVER been brought up that I can recall. And it pisses me off because the idea of Stefano's son and Marlena's daughter truly falling in love is so intriguing to me it is one of the reasons that had me rooting for EJ and Sami to get together in the first place.

The only time I remember any sort of connection being made was in Stefano's first episode back when EJ and Sami meet Stefano and Stefano thinks she's Colleen and EJ says no this is Samantha, Marlena's daughter. And Stefano then makes an icky face like it's a bad thing rather than fondly remembering Marlena. When it happened I didn't think much of it because I had hope that they would explain Stefano's change that he has grown bitter with resignation that Marlena will never be his, but no it's just like his whole Marlena obsession never happened. This irks me.

I don't want to see Marlena kidnapped for the umpteenth time, but I see the fact that they have completely ignored the Stefano-Marlena relationship when Stefano talks to EJ about his relationship with Sami as a HUGE missed opportunity.

• Members

His return initially held a lot much promise but it puddled quickly which contributed significantly to the stagnant ratings. He was backburnered, then used peripherally, and when he was finally given material that showcased he was The Phoenix it amounted to a hill of beans.

Definetly dissapointing. They have totaly misused JM. :(

• Members

Right, and it's one of the reasons why I'm not broken up if Marlena ends up separate from John. I find the Marlena-Stefano relationship to be so dramatic and and complex. I can't ever see Marlena becoming romantically interested in him, but Dee and Joseph are good enough actors that Marlena and Stefano's interactions could drive the show in a way. I want Marlena to become an alcoholic and have Stefano to be the one person who saves her from herself! :)

• Members

His return has been okay. I love his scenes with EJ and Sami. Anytime theyr'e together is PRICELESS.

However like others of you have mentioned I'd also like to see him with John and Marlena. Also I don't know if others have mentioned it but HOPE as well. I love KA and I think she deserves more airtime with The Phoenix. Wasn't Hope one of his mistresses back in the day?

Anyways I think its great that we see more emotion from Stefano and that we're able to get closer to him. For me it doesn't erase the mystique surrounding him or make him any less dangerous. In fact it makes him that much more complicated. His interactions with Kate a few weeks ago were also fabulous to watch.

But yeah I'd love to see more of John, Marlena, or Hope with Stefano. And I want John to be revealed to be either Stefano's son or EJ's dad.

Also I KNOW this will never happen but I want John and Hope to get together....lol.

Archived