August 27-31, 2007

Toups

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Friday numbers for the CBS shows are alarming!! I guess no one cared about the return of Paul or Rosanna last week. The numbers were horrible. Nuke wasnt even on until Friday. When no one decided to watch CBS daytime. I thought ATWT would drop this week. Last wasnt as great. It so sad to see ATWT number going farther down the tube and nothing be done about it. Both Jean Passanante and Chris Goutman are sitting nice and pretty in the high chairs. Just a shame.

• Members

Zach and Kendall had tremendous potential. But the writing for them has been weak for some time, and the show is relying on them to be STARS along with a few others. They would work as part of a balanced ensemble with writing that was geared to their strengths. Carrying the show? No.

Not Y/R. Young and the Restless continues to be top in that catagory. The other shows.... not so good.

• Members

ONE LIFE is picking up and I think some viewers are dropping ATWT and switching to ONE LIFE. I agree GH mob story seems good and should help. If GH kills off people like Kate and maybe Ric, then the ratings should go up too. Glad AMC is still pitiful, deservedly so. DAYS should be up. DAYS is a lot better IMHO than AMC, and better than GH as well right now.

• Members

Eh....Paul and Co did nothing for the ratings. They were worse than last week during the Nuke kiss and buzz. Nuke was barely featured. And they were shown on the last day of the week. Which ATWT fans tend to watch the least. It just seems changes will not be done. So I will just enjoy Nuke and parts of the Carly storyline. And hope one day Nuke has a steamy sex scene and the show ends in cancellation. Thats what I am looking forward too. Because I dont enjoy the show anymore. Just give me Nuke 24/7.

• Members

I hope so also, maybe that can help pull in some more viewers. If it fails CBS Daytime is going to be even worse off then they already are. :(

As for the Friday problem I think viewers are on to the fact that no CBS soap does cliffhangers anymore, I can't speak for the other networks on whether they do them or not but CBS sure does not. Fridays and Mondays should be the highest for any soap each week. Then again what kind of cliffhanger could you have on ATWT, the show just runs around in circles and never goes anywhere week to week. The only time ATWT gets more viewers is when something big happens and that is about it other than that most don't tune in because they just saw the previous eppy and figure the next one will be the same, which most of the time it is. I could not watch for 2 months and I would still be seeing the same thing I am seeing this week.

• Members

Obviously the ratings are in the pits, but I must say being a new viewer of ATWT and loving the Luke/Noah storyline, that is the only storyline that I find entertaining on the show.

Passions aired its last network episode yesterday and it was terribly bittersweet. I am so happy the show is continuing on DIRECTV. Maybe I will replace Passions in my DVR with ATWT. But for me to do that ATWT is definitely going to have to up its game a bit.

Archived