August 27-31, 2007

Toups

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Ouch for DAYS. I guess no matter how good DAYS is, YOU NEED John/Marlena/Bo/Hope in front burner storylines that they're carrying. Wise up, Hogan! Get over your hatred and start writing for them. You can't use the "no money" excuse anymore.

• Members

Damn, that's bad for Passions, are people tuning out because they know its ending? Staying stagnant is horrible for Days, given how good last week was. With Passions gone after this week and Days getting new time slots in a few markets, and being the only soap on the NBC lineup, it will be interesting to see how well the show fares. Right now, I'm not too optomistic at all.

ATWT and GL need serious help, what the hell is it going to take P&G?

Y&R though stagnant needs a creative overhaul, maybe then they'll get back to the 4.4 range. Same goes for GH...

Overall not that good a week for the soaps...

• Members

I totally agree. OLTL has been pretty solid so far. They definitely deserve to stay the same and actually I expect it to go up.

Thats why I say Yay for Days & Y&R. At least they didn't fall. I would think the huge fans of Days would at least be happy about that.

Anyways as a big fan of Y&R I'm just glad it stayed the same as well.

• Members

I'm not surprised that DAYS didn't go up. As a matter of fact I thought it would go down. The Santeen storyline is eating the show alive and characters who should be frontburnered aren't. The show is a total mess.

GH and AMC are unwatchable with OLTL quickly catching up.

I have sentimental feelings for YR but how long can it maintain a 4.0 before it bottoms out?

• Members

Uh, Bo was on 4 days last weeks and Hope was on 3. Bo was actually driving story last week as well. I agree about J&M but let's also remember their absence last summer didn't hurt the ratings. The ratings decreased when they returned. I know it was a year ago but still. Bo and Hope are being written for and their increase in the episode counts the last few months show it. It's not their own story but they at least have active roles, unlike J&M.

I wish Days had gone up. Last week was superb. Only problem is it came on the heels of 2-3 weeks where things were choppy and all over the place. I also think, just like Sami's aborted wedding to Austin last year, this all came at the wrong time. College students went back to school and the Labor Day holiday came into play. I am interested in the dailies because I am sure the Friday ones are horrible because Labor Day weekend is the last chance for some to take vacations and such.

Next week's ratings will be even worse with the preemptions although, if the soaps effected do fine on Days when they were on, it could actually help. I do think next week will be worse. I don't expect any rebounds until the week after, sadly.

As for Days, they need to keep this up for awhile. Just like Last Fall. They were good for half of August and amazing in September but the ratings didn't really respond much until December after a few solid months. I think they need to have a few months of solid drama and good stories before they see any increase above 2.2 IMO.

• Administrator

Bo's doing more than the 3 but he's still a supporting player when he's suppose to be a lead character.

Hope's just reading letters and baby sitting.

John/Marlena are just reading letters.

They need to have their own storylines.

No matter how good EJ/Sami/Lucas (or Santo/Colleen) or the Jett/Chelsea/Nick/Steph/Max/Jeremy storyline are, the ratings are not going to go up.

Shoving new characters down our throats never works.

I pray to God, Ed Scott sees that and how valuable the big 4 are.

• Members

I agree they need their own stories but I do think Bo and Hope are doing more then most people acknowledge. Bo is the mastermind behind the current plan to "kill" Stefano. Bo and Hope are doing what they were so great at in the 80's...investigating. Yes, they do need a story that is all theirs but I like what we are getting. Many Bope fans do too and only wish they had more romance. I think Days is more or less still hurting from the winter and all that happened then (NBC statement, boring stories, lack of ANY vets, slow pace, etc). I know this is obvious but if Days had stayed around 2.5 or so, I am convinced this summer would've at least kept the numbers around that point because fans expect teens dominating the summer and I think the feud story has been solid enough to keep the numbers stable at least (which it actually has done really).

I expect the vets to be more active now. Not sure about J&M but the rest of them I am sure will be in play, especially once some of Ed's material changes begin to make themselves known.

• Members

wow. Isn't it a bit scary. 3 shows at or near 2.0 and one more it looks like is about to hit be right them with them. (not counting Passions)Ouch to AMC and B&E. I guess folks aren't liking the "crash. What's going on?

Glad to see Y&R maintain despite all these complaints I read about it. Somebody is wacthing somewhere

I guess it's good that Days stayed the same as well. OLTL's lead over AMC is widening.

• Members

If we think this week is bad next week is even going to be worse IMO, I think AMC goes to a 2.0 or 2.1, OLTL goes to a 2.2 or 2.3, GH falls to about a 2.3. DAYS might stay the same or fall to 1.9, Y&R will stay at 4.0 or drop to 3.9, GL will stay at 1.8 or drop to 1.7, and ATWT will stay at 2.0 or drop to 1.9. With school starting for more people than it did last week we will see a bigger hit. ABC soaps especially seeing as alot of teens watch those shows over the other ones, atleast I think anyway,lol.

Archived