Dancing With The Stars Season 5

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I want to see if Julianne and Derek will be standing to compete against one another....I like Julianne Hough.

My grandma said, "Isn't that the girl who was in court with Eddie Murphy? I can see why she's on the show"

So far I like Helio, I drool over Albert; as for the women, eh, I like Jane some, and possibly Sabrina ,but as one said, she needs to cut the Hip Hop/Cheetah Girl routines or else she's a gonner for sure...

Josie Maran, she looked bored to death....

It is weird seeing Drew as co host

• Members

Ok, I'm gonna start with who imo should go home, and that's Wayne. Sorry, but if he gets pity votes like Jerry Springer got just because it's an "honor" :rolleyes: to have him on board... I'm gonna scream. He's by far the worst dancer on the show this season.

Josie Maran. I think she can approve. She's never danced before and her body isn't very well trained. She's slim and all that, but there's no strength. So hopefully for Mazo's sake (love him :P) she'll learn to do better if she gets to stay.

Marie Osmond. Didn't like it at all.

Jane Seymore. It was elegant and beautiful. She did pretty well.

Jennie Garth. She's just lovely, her personality and everything. She was the first one out, which affected her. Since they set the standard so high with the scores later on, I think she did way better then 7-7-7. The first one out this early in the competition always get the low scores. Same happend to Cameron, and he really deserved more then what he got.

Sabrina Bryan. Sure, she was good. But honestly, she already have the dance rythm in her body since that's part of what she does for a living. Some of the other competitors never danced before. About the actual dance. If it was freestyle, then sure. But it was supposed to be a cha cha cha. The judges gave Mario and Joey hell for doing "forbidden" moves in season 3. There's simply no hip hop thingy in a cha cha, so she shouldn't have gotten 9's.

Melanie Brown. Same goes for her with the dancing experience. I don't think she benifits from it as much as Sabrina do though. All together Melanie danced with class. I liked it.

Mark Cuban. Needs some work, but he wasn't the worst one out there. Feel bad for Kym though. Can't she ever get a good partner?!

Cameron. As I said, I think he deserved more then the scores he got. It was good and Edyta is fab!

Albert Reed. lol What was that?! He can learn though. It was fun to watch and Anna can def work with this.

Floyd Mayweather. His frame wasn't there. He kept leaning forwards, and his head looked weird while dancing. If he starigtens up and tone it down a little, there could be something. Karina also deserves better then the attitude she got from him.

Helio and Julianne. Like their dance a lot! Julianne choreography is always fun to watch. Also Helio's personality impressed me more then I expected.

• Members

Josie going was no shock. She had zero fanbase and was horrible. Plus, she was forgettable and the Foxtrot is a boring dance. Everything was against her. The judges were harsh to her and you could tell she was holding back tonight. I wonder if Alec telling fans to vote for Cameron and Edyta was because he was Kelly's partner in season 1 and he wants fans to support the soap star. It's either that or he wants Edyta to win because she has been on every year and never won. I was shocked when he said that.

I will rank the dancers and provide a brief view on them now that they all performed:

1.) Sabrina (a little unfair she is here since she can dance already but definitely the best so far with a big fanbase. She is in the finale for sure)

2.) Helio (has a partner in Julianne who built up quite the fanbase with Apolo last year and will get the guy vote because he is a racer. Danced really well and has great potential.)

3.) Floyd (Got robbed by the judges and has the ability to be great. His one downfall could be his partner, Karina, who often times can be a turn off to fans.)

4.) Jennie (She has a nice grace about her and has the potential to be solid once she loses the nerves. Good chemistry with her partner too.)

5.) Mel (Very much like Laila Ali and even treats Max the same as she did. The problem is Max's personality can also turn fans off and she may be too similar to Laila. Plus, she is kind of forgettable and a big issue is whether people still know who she us. Definitely has talent though.)

6.) Albert (Impressive but a little too cocky and sexy moves like that will only get you so far. He doesn't have a fanbase either so that could hurt. On a side note, nice seeing Anna back.)

7.) Marie (Nice charm and love the personality. She adds flair and is fun to watch. I think she will have major trouble with latin though.)

8.) Jane (Like Marie, nice charm and very genuine but latin will give her fits, especially with a bad back.)

9.) Wayne (Not bad and looked real nervous. Cheryl's fanbase alone will get him far. Not sure how much he can do though so it's not the best partner for Cheryl.)

10.) Cameron (Not impressed at all. He has good chemistry with Edyta but was very stiff. Has potential but he needs to show some more flair and technique. His schedule may catch up to him too.)

11.) Mark Cuban (Poor Kym. On a positive note, he showed a different side of him. I don't think he is a complete jerk anymore. It's also tough with him having a hip replacement. Good effort but he is terrible and I think many people are turned off by his basketball-related antics and it showed tonight with him nearly going home so I think he could be next to go unless people start voting for him just to see if he will amusingly insult the judges at some point.)

I like how the pros are matched up well height-wise with the celebrities. I also love Drew as co-host. I don't want Samantha (I will take the microphone back before your finished" Harris back. Loved the results show with Kenny tonight and them splitting up through the show who was staying. I actually like splitting the men and women up too but I don't think it will work out the rest of the way.

Can anyone tell me what dance the judges wanted an encore of? I missed the first 15 minutes. I am guessing it was Sabrina's, right?

• Members

It's probably because Edyta is his wife. ;) They got married several weeks ago. Also...another married couple on the show: Jonathan and Anna.

I've never heard of Helio, Sabrina, Floyd, Albert, Mark and Josie. Nor Mel until recently. Never watched 90210 so beyond knowing Jennie was on it, don't know squat about her either.

Mel reminds me of Laila, too, and I think Mark looks like Joey Fatone so it was kinda funny seeing Kym dancing with him. I think I liked Helio and Julianne's performance the best this week. Julianne really seems to come up with some creative moves that you don't see the other couples doing.

Oh, and yes, it was Sabrina's dance that got the encore.

• Members

I don't think he will get any less airtime or less episodes or anything since they shoot a variety of scences for in one day for a week or more possibly worth of episodes. Actually I think this will give him more airtime if he stays around long because the writers will think people will want to see more of him (think Kelly Monaco - I think her airtime increased over what it was before and she got that whole dual role storyline).

Archived