Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Did anyone see the Sabalenko vs Tsurenko match? What the heck happened there?!

Seems like there is a recent trend of tennis players going to prison, narrowly avoiding prison, or under threat of possible prison time. Sanchez Vicario was known for being so clever on court, apparently not so much IRL.

• Members

I was watching Sinner on plus. Now watching Tsity and Van Assche.

Add Sasha to the list who could get five years for beating his girlfriend. Although they've said he probably get probation for it.

Both of his previous girlfriends have accused him of the same crime.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Oh, he was definitely the one I was referring to as possible jail time but you’re likely correct to say that it will probably be some kind of probation or suspended sentence or some combination of the two. I didn’t see any of the post match interviews but I read that a reporter asked him about the case/allegations and he looked bewildered and caught off guard by the questions. Surely, he had to expect that someone sometime would ask him about this.

• Members

I loved it!  Sasha up two sets again and crumbles.

Please register in order to view this content

Two great matches last night and early this morning.

Making excuses....he was sick....

https://www.sportskeeda.com/tennis/news-extremely-disappointing-nothing-much-i-can-say-alexander-zverev-says-feel-100-physically-daniil-medvedev-loss-australian-open

• Members

Admittedly, I saw next to none of the women’s final (I had a feeling that Zheng’s nerves as a first time finalist would be no match for Sabalenka’s power and high level of confidence and focus. I had hoped the final might be competitive but had an underlying doubt that it would actually be.
I saw more of the men’s final and that was a lot more competitive. I missed the first two and a half sets, so I clicked on in time to catch Medvedev, right on schedule, get snagged by his 2 sets lead problem. Still, Sinner did earn that title with some hard fought wins, most of which, admittedly, I didn’t see.

Just imagine how he will feel once the court trial comes to the fore. After he got knocked out of the tournament, ESPN finally felt obliged to make a statement detailing the charges.

It took decades but I think ESPN has ultimately ruined tennis for me. I am seriously considering purchasing a VPN so I can watch RG and Wimbledon on their native broadcast networks.

• Members

Sasha pretty much said that people who believed his ex were stupid.

He's a scumbag.

Glad Sinner won. He was down two sets when I turned the tv off but DVR the rest. First time in a long time that a player I like won a major.

VPN?

• Members

Doesn’t he mean ex-girlfriends? Lest he forget that he’s had more than one woman make an allegation of abuse.

VPN is Virtual Private Network. I use a free one which is good for when I make financial transactions online but it’s limited to the U.S. I need a VPN that will allow me access to Europe.

Here is an explanation of VPNs.

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-vpn-services