The Tennis Thread

• Members

From what I gather her entire defense is that it was contaminated by this illegal substance twice by accident - both from different sources.  And she didn’t disclose that she was taking anything at all on the form.  I mean - it’s too much to believe. That’s not an accident.   Unless she tries to throw her own people under the bus that they’re drugging her without her knowledge. 

Guilty. Sorry.  She knew what she was taking.  

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It’s not only that, but when she did a blood test near the end of September 2022, after the U.S. Open (she had already tested positive the previous month after her urine was tested after her first round loss) and the results of her blood test were compared with her profile of her Biological passport, showing obvious irregularities.

In any case, this statement listed in the report pretty much negates her whole argument of not being at fault.

Please register in order to view this content

In any case, it’s inconceivable to me that a millionaire whose career depended on keeping banned substances out of her body would only ask her coach and phsyio if a supplement is safe to take when she could have easily just taken the supplement to a lab and had it tested for a couple hundred dollars.

Her defense doesn’t make sense.

• Members

These guys have to find their amusement where they can, I guess. Lol.

This reminds me of years ago when asked in an interview about the chemistry between members of the Russian Davis Cup team, Dmitry Tursunov and Marat Safin claimed to braid each other’s hair (they both had long hair at that time). 
Or how when asked about who the most romantic person on the ATP Tour, without hesitation, Kei Nishikori responded “Gael Monfils”.

• Members

ATP muddied the waters by making the matches count as “official” (although without ranking points I believe). I don’t think any other exho is given such legitimacy, but we know why that is. Just all very messy and not well thought out, but such is tennis I suppose.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

The very definition of the professional tennis tour! It should have stayed an exhibition with a large payday for the selected players. The WTA, historically went from the Wightman Cup to the Fed Cup to the Billie Jean King Cup. Had the Davis Cup just changed the name to the Rod Laver Cup and maintain the Hopman Cup instead of dismantling it, we could have avoided all this. A lot of people were complaining that they thought Felix was sucking all the fun out of it but he was likely putting pressure on himself because he’s taking it as a real tournament with real stakes (especially seeing the lackluster season that he had) and he’s somehow trying to redeem himself from his lack of success this year. Also, Montreal is his home city so he wanted to do well. Monfils, having never participated in Laver Cup before, likely genuinely believed it was an exhibition, whoever sold him on the idea of playing probably wanted him to believe he could enjoy himself or else, I doubt he would have bothered to participate. Anyhoo, I can’t even watch so, whatever, lol.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The Laver Cup is garbage. It was about the elite players and now it's all mediocre. They're desperate for viewership. Why is Roger there? To toss the coins and to talk about his retirement last year. What??

Please register in order to view this content

Roger farewell last year didn't even bring in the ratings.

The Davis Cup and the Laver Cup are just a waste of time. No one cares or watches them.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Well, the ATP and the WTA and the PTPA, PTA or whatever they’re called are all probably waiting for Saudi Arabia to fix everything. Tennis lost a lot of steam during the pandemic and has yet to fully recover, attendance records (and the long lines of spectators waiting for the uber-pricey hone deuce cocktails) at the US Open notwithstanding.