Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Coco Gauff and Alcaraz should attract healthy audiences should they stay competitive and continue to contend for titles over the next few years. Had Tiafoe won this year’s U.S. Open, he’d be a superstar.

Swiatek isn’t that charismatic, but if she remains consistent she could be a nice foil in a rivalry. Like a (less evil) Justine Henin.

Edited by Faulkner

• Administrator

Previous first time grand slam winners, I never felt they were on their way to becoming a superstar…..but with Alcarez, I believe he will be a superstar.  When the big three are eventually gone, Alcarez is going to be “the next one.”  I believe he’s going to be that good.  If SON is here in 10 years, I’ll quote this post.

Please register in order to view this content

Also, I wish the US Open would move up one week early so they wouldn’t have to compete against week 1 of the NFL.  

• Members

Well played by Alcaraz. Major champion at 19 and youngest-ever ATP No. 1. With a pair of Masters 1000 titles and a Slam title, he’s backing up a lot of the hype. (Still the Russia/Belarus ban and the decision to not award points at Wimbledon make this year’s rankings a bit wonky.)

That third set tiebreak was an absolute shocker from Ruud. He just doesn’t have *it*. At least not yet. Deserves credit for making two major finals this year, though.

All that said, social media chatter feels really drowned out by the NFL. Much more so than usual. This sport has a lot of work to do.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

@Faulkner The rankings are  a mess. No way is Casper #2. Rafa should be #1 followed by Alcaraz and then Joker. Casper should be #4. The rankings have been f u cked up since 2020. I'm still pissed that Thiem didn't end the year at #2 in the world instead he got stuck at #3 after making two major finals and winning one and making the year end finals. No way is Casper a #2 over Thiem!

I'm glad Carlos won. He truly deserved it. He was the best player the entire tournament. I actually cried when he was hugging his coach after the win. I've only cried once before when Thiem won in 2020.

There's something about Casper I don't like but I can't put my finger on it.  Maybe the fact he said he was beating Thiem in the French Open and Thiem beat him. 

Let's not forget Casper has only won 250 tournaments and nothing else.

During the pre game show ESPN was pimping Carlos. Then to my shock they trashed Tsitsipas, Zeverev and Co saying they weren't good enough and that's why they hadn't won majors.  They are the ones who put them in a pedestal and they trashed them today.

And finally those 80s singers that attended..

Edited by Soapsuds