Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ruud being #1 is mind boggling. It's ridiculous! I hope he doesn't win although once again ESPN would be eating crow.

I have a soft spot for Karen but can he pull it off? I doubt it.

Alcaraz... Has he run out of gas? I think him winning and becoming #1 is too soon but if I had to choose I'd choose him to win it all.

Tiafoe  just flush him. Never could stand his game. He has the worst mechanics when hitting all his shots.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Administrator

Yeah, Patrick mentioning Tiafoe had a lot pack up and then waited for him to leave was awkward. LOL

Anyway, what a fantastic match!  So many amazing shots! Tiafoe lost his mojo in the third, then both traded breaks in the 4th and Tiafoe keeps his tie-break streak alive.  I thought Alcarez might run out of gas now that they were headed to a 5th but the 19 year old pulled through.  This young guy has the potential to be a superstar. 

• Members

It was….awkward and weird to me. The waiting for packing up thing. And exactly how much stuff do you bring to a match? There were like 25 towels everywhere. I choked when someone said Alcaraz ? One of them? Has new shoes for every set or something??? Ridiculous 

• Members

Yikes!! I blame the tennis media for not promoting its sport like it should be. Instead they pimp their favorites and the rest are after thoughts. They did it with Casper this year.

US Open women’s semis hit low

Airing opposite the NFL Kickoff Game and breaking news coverage, Thursday’s US Open women’s semifinals (Ons Jabeur-Carolina Garcia and Iga Swiatek-Aryna Sabalenka) averaged 1.17 million viewers on ESPN — the smallest audience for the round since the current scheduling format began in 2015 and the third-lowest primetime audience of this year’s tournament.

In the week since Serena Williams’ final match, the most-watched US Open windows were Tuesday’s quarterfinal night session at 1.79 million (Garcia-Coco Gauff and Karen Khachanov-Nick Kyrgios) and Monday’s day session at 1.72 million (featuring Frances Tiafoe-Rafael Nadal). Those telecasts rank as the third and fifth-most watched of the tournament thus far.

The women's final is a snoozefest so far. I'm falling asleep watching it!

I expect new low ratings numbers for this boring final.

Edited by Soapsuds