Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I didn't see much of Indian Wells, and neither final.  But reading about Nadal - honestly it sounds like a pulled rib muscle.  I had it once.  It sounds like exactly the same thing.  There's nothing you do for it but wait it out and don't tweak it.  When he says breathing problem, that's exactly what it's like.  Mine (believe it or not), I had been working out and afterwards had trouble breathing in.  It made me laugh, so...I laughed.  "this is ridiculous".  "what is going on....hahahahahahaha."  Then I couldn't breathe in after the air had gone completely out of my lungs.  Then it wasn't funny, and I thought...my God I'm gonna die from not breathing???! (hahahahaha), and it did it again.  Finally got my breath, and thought...not working out again.  Going to the Doctor.  At the Doctor, he said - pulled rib muscle.  But it doesn't sound like you did anything working out, maybe only aggravated it.  It was likely already there.  So get this - he says, has there been anything recently that you did...any kind of straining or quick motion that you would have pulled it?  Nope, couldn't think of anything.  THEN BAM.  It hit me.  I said...wait...you know what?  I was laying by the pool on my stomach on a lounge chair several days ago, with my feet hanging down on the concrete.  A wasp (you know how they come and drink or get wet wings and can't fly)...crawled onto my foot and stung me while I was laying there.  I flipped over FAST and mashed it off of me.  The Doctor said - and that was it.  That's exactly when you pulled your rib muscle...that's exactly the kind of motion I'm talking about.  So....it was just a waiting game of several weeks before it went away.  I'd bet 100% that's what it is with Rafa. 

• Members

Apparently, Rafa's rib stress fracture means he will likely be out of competition for 4-6 weeks. 

Conspiracy theory nutjobs are using this as promote antivaxx propaganda to claim that because Rafa stated problems with breathing (I have had a bruised rib from yoga years ago and yes, it hurts to breathe, or do any movement of the torso on that affected side/area) that it must be because he was vaccinated.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Everyone's journey is different. I'll admit that when I first saw the announcement on SM, my first thought was that this might be another cricket break, but it does seem like her heart isn't in it, she'd rather stay in Australia, not have to travel and at this point, she doesn't need the money.

• Members

I tuned in to the Miami tournament to hear Courier gush over Kyrgios.  I’m tired of hearing about how great he is and awesome for livin his best life.  And I’m reminded when I hear his constant mumbling how much I dislike him. Blah

• Members

Yup!  The ATP website will feature the tournament. So hopefully I'll get to see their matches. They have been missed.

Can't believe the Miami tournament has been more entertaining than IW. 

From all the news and players pulling out cause of injury to Brooksby misbehavior and almost getting defaulted.