The Tennis Thread

• Members

Tennis Twitter can be irascible but sometimes the meme and the replies mix in a hilarious way. The comment that mentioned a one-time quote by Giorgi about how she didn't "watch woman tennis" as the reason why she's hanging out with Lepchenko, because she doesn't realize that Lepchenko is suspended (yet again) for taking a banned substance. 

Also, why does Giorgi look like she's in her 50s in this picture??!

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Initially, I had absolutely no earthly care about this apparent break up between Matteo Berrettini and Ajla Tomljanovic. None whatsoever...until I saw someone's tweet that Felix Auger-Aliassime apparently unfollowed Matteo.

Please register in order to view this content

Here I thought they were such good friends (or so the commentators keep telling us any time they play each other). I know that Felix's girlfriend is Ajla's what... cousin or something? But what could Matteo have done that would make Felix, his supposedly good friend, and seemingly such a mild mannered friend at that, unfollow him on social media? And who are the people who actually monitor the unfollows of others??

Apparently, he's following again, or never stopped? 

Boy, I can't believe I'm following this adolescent drama!  

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I remember Cahill once briefly split with Haley. I don't know what sorcery she pulled to get him back but they worked together for awhile after that initial split. I do think Cahill probably wanted to stop traveling for quite some time and is likely burned out but it probably would have been better for Amanda had he not made an agreement at all.

• Members

I can't remember the last time I've wanted a player to retire from the sport so badly!  Naomi was good for the WTA but not anymore.  Her antics are old and exhausting.  She ruined the match for me.  Is this the WTA or WTA: Let's Make Sure Nothing Upsets Naomi?  It's not fair to other players, paying spectators or viewers.  Tennis is not for Naomi!  You suck is nowhere equivalent to what TWS went thru.  Don't even try it!

• Members

Two great matches in Nadal vs Korda and Tsitsipas vs Sock. Finally some entertainment.

Then Naomi..... Yikes....she wanted to talk to the fans during the match...of course the umpire told her no...at the end she was allowed to address the crowd...TC panicked and muted the winners mic....

Naomi thanks the crowd and continues crying and says what the heckler said kept going through her mind during the whole match.

• Members

As a tennis fan, I can take or leave Osaka but if tennis wants to not have this happen (at Indian Wells of all places) maybe give these players some strategies for dealing with heckling, especially on the WTA side.

I do think that at this point, Osaka just doesn't enjoy tennis anymore but it's up to her to figure it out at this point. You all know that I am firmly opposed to people telling players what to do with their careers. Players cry all the time and suddenly folks have objections to it? C'mon, man.

Please register in order to view this content