Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Morgado has taken a brief break from his obsession with Ana Ivanovic to report erroneous information, so I see?

Good that Svitolina gave some clarification on her remarks because it was getting around that supposedly she was refusing to play against Russian and Belurusian players, which would sound similar to the refusal of some countries to compete against Israeli athletes (tennis had this own version of this a decade or so ago), which would be discrimination. When you have so-called "journalists" like Morgado spreading misinformation, it sure doesn't help things.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

The last I heard, he got fined, other than that, I have no idea.

On the Svitolina/Ukraine/Russia news.

What about the ATP and ITF? In order for the neutral flag idea to work at Indian Wells, Miami, Madrid, etc., both Tours need to participate in this.

• Members

Honestly, I wish these tournaments would dispense with the flags altogether. It's a recent development anyway. Most tournaments (outside of the 4 major tournaments) didn't even do this until after September 11, 2001. Before, you would see all the flags mounted up high on tournament grounds but not on court. After 9/11, every tournament started having these ultra-nationalistic post and sometimes pre-match ceremonies. Just stop. It takes up a lot of time that could go to warm ups, whatever other  preparations players could use. Then ESPN and tennis pundits complain about the length of matches affecting the schedule. Well, maybe don't have a flag-raising before and after the first match and finals. The U.S Open is really ridiculous in this respect.